Tdi exhaust mod on GMBH rear bumper?

Mike.M

Reaction score
Unsure if anyone has done it but was thinking about taking my tdi back box with double bent exhaust tails and converting to double straight tips......then trimming a notch out the flat bottomed GMBH rear bumper to accommodate.

Looked into the 1.8t conversion but the cost of getting the twin exhaust, lower bumper and then paint is not feasible at the moment.

In two minds about doing it vor continue waiting for a 1.8t conversion.....which could be a while

I bought myself a quattro rear bumper for £65 and my plan is to make a twin exit exhaust, two universal backboxes welded or sleeved (whichever ends up being easier) to original catback pipe unless i can find some stainless exhaust tube at a good price and ill have that bent to fit where the quattro would sit, and use standard brackets to hold it

I say go for it!

I've never seen this done on a B6, but it works well on the B5 S/RS4's.

Paul_20v cut the outlet into his rear valence and then lined the edge with some plastic pipe (cut in half lengthways) and it looked fine, see if you can search on his posts.

what about looking on ebay for the twin cutout lower spec rear bumper??
These lower sections with the twin cutout are available quite cheap and may provide the cheap fix you're after for now??

what about looking on ebay for the twin cutout lower spec rear bumper??
These lower sections with the twin cutout are available quite cheap and may provide the cheap fix you're after for now??

Looked into the 1.8t conversion but the cost of getting the twin exhaust, lower bumper and then paint is not feasible at the moment.

icon_thumright.gif

Yeah not seen a side double exhaust like the b5 on a b6......closest is the single 2.0 version

Would not fit a non GmbH rear on as it would look wrong on the car to be honest so would need to commit all the way.

Ordered some high quality stainless 3" slash cut tips and will let you know later in the week my progress

deano1978 has a twin exit exhaust with his GMBH rear bumper, just seen a picture of it in another thread.

Just nicked his picture from the other thread

1e151d8b675f26cbc120b4b4c23879c8.jpg

Very tidy.. how did you cut it?
I have tdi avant so i'll run dual exhaust, I Have 2 very nice aston martin tips waiting to go on!

Cheers

Marked it out with tape and checked several times before using a nice new Stanley knife.