Tyre Advice :-)

Marshallman

Reaction score
Newby again on my second post and I have trawled the forum for tyre info, but not found much that is recent.
2007 S3 8P2 ;-)
Both rear tyres require change and currently are Conti sport contact3's 2mm to the stops.
Gathering the tyre details tonight I find a 1" gash tight against the rim on the front nearside CSC3, almost brand new along with the offside front :(
So now at least three tyres to change or do I take the opportunity to shoe the beast in another tyre type?

Started trawling for the "best tyre" for the S3 and now more confused than ever :)
So the question is....which tyres for my new machine please?
Interesting that the Eagle F1 asymmetric 2's get some great reviews, anyone with experience of these or do I stick the the existing boots or others?

Regards

This has been discussed numerous times on here but Michelin PS3 every time. You'll be looking at around £500 for x4 from somewhere like Blackcircles.

Evo tyre test

The Car: Audi A3 1.8 TFSI - 168 bhp
Tyre Size Tested: 225/45/17
The Track: Goodyear Mireval - South of France
Track Temp: ~26 C

Results:

1. Pirelli P Zero
2. Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym 2
3. Michelin PS3
4. Continental SC5
5. Bridgestone Potenza S001
6. Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
7. Hankook Ventus S1 EVO 2
8. Vredesrein Ultrac Vorti
9. Kumho Ecsta Le Sport
10. Nexen N8000

Quoted from ** EVO TYRE TEST 2012 ** - Overclockers UK Forums

Make sure you do not get P Zero Rosso's (difference between P Zero and Rosso's), I have the FK452's for this price range they are fine otherwise I would go for PS3's or Dunlops.

i have toyo proxes 4 on at the minute, not bad imo! running them down and soon to be replaced, and i fancy vredestein ultrac sessanta! fantastic reviews and a very attractive looking tyre too!

Last edited:
Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym 2 - better than Ultrac Sessanta in every aspect.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym 2 - better than Ultrac Sessanta in every aspect.

in price mainly...............:p

seriously though, i cant comment on either as never owned either personally! i am at research stage comparing reviews with offers that camskill have on at the minute! so the best rubber for my quid is what i am after, and the vreds come highly recommended from lots of reviews!
going to buy all 4 cheap, keep them until my present tyres are dead, and then get them fitted while my rims are getting refurbed!

Last edited:
I've used both the Eagle F1 Assy's and the PS3s and would recommend both.

I've tried a few, but personally for me.. P Zeros (too soft, go through them too quickly and tended to be better in dry...).

I have since had two sets of Michelin PS3's and i think these are the best all-rounders. As "Audi Cruiser" said, i paid £560 fitted (x4)

Well I had to go with Contis again (SC5's) because I still had one brand new usable one and £130 could go towards the Cruise control :)
Got them @ £130 each fitted and balanced.
Logic kicked in and I went for another three of the same. so we will see how they perform over this next few months.
Thanks for all your help
MikeM