a3 alarm problem

mrmattholmes1

Reaction score
Got an A3 1.8t today, it had been stood for months so had to put a new battery on... the keyfob does not lock/unlock the doors and the alarm wont stop going off, no siren just the hazards flashing.

Ive tried locking and unlocking with the key with no joy and even when started up the hazards just keep flashing.

anyone????

man that sucks, first post and it's a problem

seems like you need the keys paired with the alarm to be honest ?? i am sure someone else will advise it obviously starts up ok right ?

immob is still paired then

probably the alarm module is shot, i know this sounds silly, but have you changed the battery in the key lol ?

I would get the car scanned with VCDS tbh... it will show any fault codes related to the alarm module including which sensors have set the alarm off..

Tbh if the car starts and runs then I doubt its a key coding issue as its coded to the immobiliser... what I suspect has happened is the common battery backed siren issue of flat/duff batteries....

If badly corroded I have heard it can ****** the alarm module too... further info here...
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...9-my-minor-modding-thread-41.html#post1630628

<tuffty/>