Alarm Problem....

warleydaddy

Reaction score
Parked out side work yday,and with it being so hot, i left the window open a little bit.. After a few mins,the indicators were flashing there tits off,but no noise??? I take it the sensors in the car had triggerd the alarm,but there was no siren!!!!!

Anybody else had this problem,if so how did you fix it? New siren??? And where abouts is it???

Pete...

the alarm is volumetric so it measures air pressure thats why it triggered,siren should be in the passengers side rear wheel arch inside the boot. If you open the boot on the left hand side should be plastic panel once this is off you have access to the rear light. Its tucked down the hole

Sounds like you need a new siren, they are around £80 from Audi and you will need a couple of hours to fit it. The new siren is a direct replacement, but is a newer design, and you need to drill a bigger hole into the metalbracket that holds the siren for it to fit.

put the new siren under the bonnet and you might actually hear it....so ****** quiet

I have the exact same problem with mine and i have been told by an Audi technician that the central locking pump controls the siren and they are prone to failure, although the central locking will still work fine. Does that sound right to anyone else?

Well i have a A3 in at work at the min,and al the n/s is sriped on it, so il have a look there for it...

Cheers for the replys though guys,

Pete..

My S3 did the same 3am in morning alarm going off.
I just took all the connections off then re-fitted them all is fine now. But another problem has arrived fans on radiator now not working?
Then before this my indicator relay went faulty so i had to change my hazard switch.
Keep hearing about loads of faulty switches and relays with these cars wish i knew first befoe buying one.

My S3 did the same 3am in morning alarm going off.
I just took all the connections off then re-fitted them all is fine now. But another problem has arrived fans on radiator now not working?
Then before this my indicator relay went faulty so i had to change my hazard switch.
Keep hearing about loads of faulty switches and relays with these cars wish i knew first befoe buying one.

Not had anything like that after 2years of ownership with my 01 S3... Must be luck of the draw mate. Only thing ive had remotely close is my electric window motor randonly stopped working...

Unplugged and plugged it in again as a last shot in the dark and it randomly started working again?! V lucky.

Radiator fans sorted now was a 30amp fuse located in the tray ontop of my battery.