A4 Italian Job re-enactment...

tom2

Reaction score
2900.jpg

Hi,

I need some help sourcing a new set of heat shields for the exhaust on a 2004 A4 1.8tq 190.... ((and a new missus :)...

My girlfriend didn't put the handbrake on properly on a hill earlier and the car rolled backwards and came to a stop teetering on the edge of someone's garden wall, with the weight of the car resting on the sills and exhaust. We had to drag the car forwards, (with an A6 2.7tdi Q) scraping on the wall to get it off(makes a heart stopping noise!!!)

Had it on a garage ramp to check underneath and AMAZINGLY the only damage was to the heat shields which was scraping on the prop shaft so i just ripped them off as they were ruined anyway, but i am now struggling to find new ones.. any ideas????

There were two separate ones, one between the exhaust and the prop shaft and one between the prop shaft and the floor of the car.

Thanks
Tom.

2901.jpg

dealer part
scrap yard
leave them off

Ouch!

Couldnt you have got a few trolley jacks and wheeled it back??

will it be ok driven without them???, Im not much of a car mech/tech tbh.

we did try a couple of different jacks but they wouldn't lift high enough :(

tom2:1659344 said:
will it be ok driven without them???, Im not much of a car mech/tech tbh.

we did try a couple of different jacks but they wouldn't lift high enough :(

It will be fine mate. My old astra sxi's heat sheild was hanging off after i had a new backbox fitted. I took it back to the garage that done the work & the mechanic just ripped it off & threw it to f##k.

dont worry bout it
wont hurt

Thanks for the advice everybody.
Tom

P.s. does anyone know a brickie lol...

don't worry about the heat shield too much my focus has them both hanging off and and ive seen that many like it you would think they came out of the factory like it! as for the wall i'll send my missus round she'll sort it right out as when she reached through the window of our bmw coupe to start it one frosty morning she failed to remember car was left in gear and not only did it start but it proceded off merrily down the drive destroying a wall as well as next doors garden shed!

My wife would still be running if she done that to my car:aggressive:. TPS also try the breakers on eBay .

2 days before christmas whilst i was 200 miles away in wales working, wtf did she think i was gonna do about it?! should hav got her to take pic as car was balancing on wall (as in wall dead centre of car front to back with 2 foot drop on one side!)

Every time I look at the pic it surprises me........she must have gave it some to launch over that brick ledge!

lol it did get some launch, it rolled 40 feet down a hill, it only

stopped 6 inches from the bungalow behind it !! would have gone straight through the guys bay windows

Hi,

Just managed to salvage what was let of heat shields and bolted them back on, BUT, a mate who was helping noticed that there seems to be something missing from the front brake calipers, kind of a semi circle shape in the middle of the caliper as you look straight at it. I'm sure they had something there before, does anybody know what??? i can see the brake pad now and i'm pretty sure i couldn't before.

Thanks

Bit vague, i will try and get a pic of it.

I have a spare set of a 2003 tdi callipers if your needing any m8

looked on google images and looks like it could be an anti-rattle thing, CHEERS...... Are they important/expensive?
, the brakes still work fine.

It helps reduce noise of rattling callipers and pads m8....it's best practice there fitted m8