pcv vacuum used for dv

jezzy

Reaction score
Hi
Can i use the old pcv vacuum (now blocked off) for the dv line?
This line looks much better than the dv vacuum.
Thks

Hi
Can i use the old pcv vacuum (now blocked off) for the dv line?
This line looks much better than the dv vacuum.
Thks

Do you mean the big outlet on the underneath of the inlet mani in the middle? As seen here:

16859a6f.jpg

You can use any one you want but it's tight to squeeze 4mm hose over it. You dont want to go any bigger then 4mm really or it will become loose on the DV end. might be able to get away with 5mm.

I run my DV from the old EVAP vac source:

00d82775.jpg

That's using 4mm hose and I think it's a similar size nipple to the PCV one. I put the end of the hose into a cup of boiling water for 5 mins to soften it up to make it easier to get over the nipple.

thanks westy
i will use the pcv line till i delete the evap and then swap over to the evap.
on another note, when i did the pcv job, i bought the non return boat valve but didnt use it and the brakes are fine.
is it necessary to use the valve?
are there any pitfalls for not using?
regards

thanks westy
i will use the pcv line till i delete the evap and then swap over to the evap.
on another note, when i did the pcv job, i bought the non return boat valve but didnt use it and the brakes are fine.
is it necessary to use the valve?
are there any pitfalls for not using?
regards

I'm assuming you reused the 1 way valve that was already there? You must have used something or the brakes wouldn't be working :sadlike:

nope
i bought the non return valve on ebay(the same one as your using)its this one 10mm Fuel Non Return Check Valve one way petrol diesel | eBay
the valve is sat on the side doing nothing.
And no i didnt use the valve of the pcv.
the brakes work fine.
But i will be fitting now after reading the above post

Can you take a pic of the hose where the 1 way valve should go. I'm amazed your brakes are ok lol. I had that hose pop off before and it was pretty scary!

servo seeing boost is not correctly (obviously) if thats what you have got it plumbed like now...
Its feed is off the end of the inlet manifold however, not the middle like pictured

jezzy114
if the pic is not showing heres the link inlet picture by jezzy114 - Photobucket
which way round does the one way valve go?
im assuming that its drawing the vacuum away from the manifold, so the one way system should be away from the manifold so the vacuum does not return to the manifold?

servo seeing boost is not correctly (obviously) if thats what you have got it plumbed like now...
Its feed is off the end of the inlet manifold however, not the middle like pictured

It's ok Bill we're talking about 2 separate things here. Jezzy is talking about running the DV from the middle vac source ;)

hmm just checked the valve no markings(cheeky feckers).
So which way for the valve please?