What's the final word with non DSG/quattro & S-Line?

schem

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but Audi dealers are still telling me that Sline is only an option with the DSG or Quattro versions and NOT the regular 2.0 Sport models....

anybody else been told different?

S-line,as far as I can ascertain,is still only available with the two options.

Front wheel drive with DSG
Four wheel drive with Manual

That's your lot.

Strange, download the official June 2005 pricelist and according to the chart within it appears the Sline option is available for an extra £1000 inc VAT on the standard Sport A3.

It comes "S" standard on the Sline models, obviously. But then it's marked that it can be added to the Sport models for 1k.

Your correct - it's a bit of a mine field. Some dealers say yes - some say no!!!

The audi website configurer does not give you the option - but the A3 3 door press release says yes.

However, after a few weeks of messing around i beleive that i have a 2.0 Tdi sport manual gear box on order with S-line specification for an extra £1000 + Exterior package for £950.

The dealer has had problems entering the order on the AUDI system because it has not yet been updated in the UK for this varient. If you look at the AUDI.FR website and select a 3 door a3, then select tarriff, a drop down menu will appear. Here you can see a option for S-Line specification which is avaiable on all sport models.

I should have written order confirmation and a production date by the end off the week. i'll keep you updated.

Misarno red. Gone for the Bose upgrade and the center arms rest.

I ordered the car via drive the deal, but changed the spec soon as the AUDI press release was launched so I had to buy the extras at full cost - should be worth it though (fingers crossed)

I looked at drive the deal site but couldn't find the sline option for the TDI 2.0 Sport? I take it you called them?

i actually orderd the car without the s-line spec (it was'nt avaiable back then) then upgraded the car with the dealer.

I do not reccomend this route!!! Normally they will not change the spec once its ordered but after weeks of discussion i think i've ordered it.

It's best to call a few dealers, obtain a spec and price, then call drive the deal.

Hmmm......However if you look at the current A3 model variant / price list, their are only Sline diesels available on either DSG or Quattro models. (bowfer knows this very well)

check it out:

todays a3 models

How can dealers not even know what they are selling? proves how much b#llsh#t they talk.

Also, page 10 of thr price list clearly says:

S line model comprising: –
• 7.5J x 18 ‘5 Arm’ design alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres
• Black headlining
• Illuminated vanity mirrors
• Perforated leather 3 spoke sports steering wheel (manual) with
gear change paddles (DSG)
• Perforated leather gear knob (manual only)
• Brushed aluminium inlays
• Sport front seats with black leather side bolsters and centre sections
in black Speed Cloth (available on quattro and/or DSG models only)

Anyone got the contact email for Audi ?

[ QUOTE ]
Your correct - it's a bit of a mine field. Some dealers say yes - some say no!!!

The audi website configurer does not give you the option - but the A3 3 door press release says yes.

However, after a few weeks of messing around i beleive that i have a 2.0 Tdi sport manual gear box on order with S-line specification for an extra £1000 + Exterior package for £950.

The dealer has had problems entering the order on the AUDI system because it has not yet been updated in the UK for this varient. If you look at the AUDI.FR website and select a 3 door a3, then select tarriff, a drop down menu will appear. Here you can see a option for S-Line specification which is avaiable on all sport models.

I should have written order confirmation and a production date by the end off the week. i'll keep you updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

The end of the week has arrived and they have not confirmed the car - instead they have retracted the order and stated s-line spec will (as the website states) be only avaiable in DSG or quattro.

I cant beleive it - it's taken weeks to sort out yet the dealer still doesnt know what models are actually available. The AUDI press release states one thing, the AUDI europe have different options, the uk website states one thing - and the dealers state another.

Has anyone else actually ordered a Manual Sline (non dsg or quattro)?

You can do it definately.....

Ive just got for the Quattro S-Line.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
You can do it definately.....

Ive just got for the Quattro S-Line.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

We know you can get it with a Quattro.

Leeds today told me definitley not, S-line is only for Quattro and DSG.

The price list is weird, the Quattro is listed as a model, DSG is listed as an option. So is S-Line.

Hi schem,

At least its not just me thats finding it weird. I hope its just that the uk dealers have not been updated yet, i'm gonna try and ring the audi head office on monday and get the final line. The french (and german) websites have s-line as on option on all sports (See below)

S line Puissance Transmission Puis. fiscale Tarif TTC en euros
1.6 102 ch BV5 6-7 CV 26 110,00 €
1.6 tiptronic 102 ch tiptronic 6 7 CV 27 880,00 €
1.6 FSI 115 ch BV6 7 CV 27 170,00 €
2.0 FSI 150 ch BV6 9 CV 29 590,00 €
2.0 FSI tiptronic 150 ch tiptronic 6 9 CV 31 560,00 €
2.0 TFSI quattro 200 ch BV6 13 CV 34 200,00 €
2.0 TFSI DSG 200 ch DSG 6 12 CV 34 140,00 €
3.2 quattro 250 ch BV6 17 CV 39 140,00 €
3.2 quattro DSG 250 ch Séquentielle DSG 17 CV 41 210,00 €
1.9 TDI 105 ch BV5 6 CV 27 920,00 €
2.0 TDI 140 ch BV6 8 CV 29 660,00 €
2.0 TDI quattro 140 ch BV6 8 CV 31 790,00 €
2.0 TDI DSG 140 ch Séquentielle DSG 8 CV 31 730,00 €
2.0 TDI DPF 140 ch BV6 8 CV 30 250,00 €
2.0 TDI quattro DPF 140 ch BV6 8 CV 32 380,00 €
2.0 TDI DSG DPF 140 ch Séquentielle DSG 8 CV 32 320,00 €

Tiptronic is a standard Auto box used on the some of the petrol versions of the A3. It has the sequential change by lever or paddles but is a normal auto rather that a DSG.

As of now, you can only order the S-Line pack with the sport quattro and DSG models thats the 2.0T FSI, 2.0 TDI and 3.2. However Audi are crap, they still send out the brochure for the current A3 but with a price list for the new one. You can order the new updated A3 as of March but they still havent printed any brochures. The only difference to the S-Line spec on the new one is that you lose the rear spoiler (which came as standard with the S-line) and instead you can order a stgyling back for £900 which includes bigger bumpers, skirts and a rear roof spoiler. There are 2 more wheels options in the 18" size one is a no-cost option for the s-line the other costs about £300 more.

[ QUOTE ]
As of now, you can only order the S-Line pack with the sport quattro and DSG models thats the 2.0T FSI, 2.0 TDI and 3.2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to correct you, but as I pointed out a couple of months ago you can order the S-Line as an add-on to ANY A3 Sport model in the UK, its been a few weeks since I ordered my new A3 but iirc the S-Line package added to the Sport was 850 gbp not including VAT and the exteriour options was more (I forget the price).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As of now, you can only order the S-Line pack with the sport quattro and DSG models thats the 2.0T FSI, 2.0 TDI and 3.2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to correct you, but as I pointed out a couple of months ago you can order the S-Line as an add-on to ANY A3 Sport model in the UK, its been a few weeks since I ordered my new A3 but iirc the S-Line package added to the Sport was 850 gbp not including VAT and the exteriour options was more (I forget the price).

[/ QUOTE ]

Every single dealer I've spoken to about this subject told me you CANNOT order S-Line on anything other than Quattro or DSG A3's.

Not one of them said it was possible.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Ive spoken to 4 Dealers/Brokers and all of them gave me prices for it, heres an email I received:

To: <**********@nismo.org>

Subject: A3 pricing

Date: Thu 05/19/05 05:58 AM

Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1.1 text/plain Save
Part 1.2 text/html Save
A3 3 door full 05 pricing.pdf application/pdf Save View
AudiPrice2006May2.pdf application/pdf Save View
footer.txt text/plain Save

Dear mr ***, many thanks for your interest in the A3. as promised please find pricing.

Lead times are currently late july for orders placed now. we require just £1,000 deposit and handle all the registration etc.

The cost for your specification will be £17,690, 2.0 tdi sport S line, incl rear park sensors, met paint 6 x cd, m/f st wheel, and we will be pleased to take your car in p/ex.

I look forward to assisting further,

Best regards,

Tax Free & Diplomatic Sales Manager

H.R.Owen (Export Division)

279 Finchley Road

London NW3 6LT

Phone 0044 (0) 207 644 7878

Fax 0044 (0) 207 644 7874

Freephone from Germany 0800 1 830120

----------------------

And this Email was from nearly 2 months ago!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

Also, on another unrelated note, the multi function steering wheel has increased in price to 120 quid not including VAT, I had to go back to the broker last week to re-order the car as the m/f steering wheel had changed and as most prolly know Ebony black has changed to phantom black which also needed changing....

*Phew*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Ive spoken to 4 Dealers/Brokers and all of them gave me prices for it, heres an email I received:

To: <**********@nismo.org>

Subject: A3 pricing

Date: Thu 05/19/05 05:58 AM

Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1.1 text/plain Save
Part 1.2 text/html Save
A3 3 door full 05 pricing.pdf application/pdf Save View
AudiPrice2006May2.pdf application/pdf Save View
footer.txt text/plain Save

Dear mr ***, many thanks for your interest in the A3. as promised please find pricing.

Lead times are currently late july for orders placed now. we require just £1,000 deposit and handle all the registration etc.

The cost for your specification will be £17,690, 2.0 tdi sport S line, incl rear park sensors, met paint 6 x cd, m/f st wheel, and we will be pleased to take your car in p/ex.

I look forward to assisting further,

Best regards,

Tax Free & Diplomatic Sales Manager

H.R.Owen (Export Division)

279 Finchley Road

London NW3 6LT

Phone 0044 (0) 207 644 7878

Fax 0044 (0) 207 644 7874

Freephone from Germany 0800 1 830120

----------------------

And this Email was from nearly 2 months ago!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi unkle,

New to these forums and looking to purchase a 2.0 TDI Sport and was amazed when I saw the price you had been quoted. Who are they and where are they?? Is this defo a UK spec car?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi unkle,

New to these forums and looking to purchase a 2.0 TDI Sport and was amazed when I saw the price you had been quoted. Who are they and where are they?? Is this defo a UK spec car?

[/ QUOTE ]

The price quoted is from HR Owen but its VAT free, I work for the British Army in Germany so dont pay the VAT on new cars or petrol (neither do Soldiers, NATO Staff or Civil/Diplomatic staff). In the end I went with another company that was even cheaper. The car is UK spec and supplied by Maidstone Audi and delivered to an Audi Garage in Holland.