Any body got a vid/sound clip of their in line fuel pump working

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
As above, just fitted my Inline fuel pump complete with foam insulator where the fuel filter usually goes, and ****** hell i cannot believe how loud they are, surly you peeps that have fitted them cannot live with the whirring noise in and out of the car? i will take a vid tomoz, but this cannot be right, and no before any body asks, it is not touching the bodywork and is insulated and cable tied.

not got a clip Dave, but I know from past experience that they tend to be pretty loud!

Don't remember hearing it in Tuftys or Wellys cars though, not offensively loud anyway

my mate has a gtr pump in his 200sx tank and that thing sounds crazy. so i can imagine it.

i think its pretty cool though lol,all the mad tuned cars out there do it, sounds like a serious car now.....

even if it is slower than mine hehehehe

Reactions: liquids3
Thats quite loud... mines not that loud....

I'll try and grab a video later...

<tuffty/>

sounds like a whining gearbox....

Seem to remember the Bosch 044 on a customers BT Ibiza beoing very noisy... swapped it for a DA31 and was much quieter

<tuffty/>

Is your fuel pressure stable?
If it looks and sounds anything like this, i believe you also need a new intank fuel pump.
Bosch 044 - YouTube
I too had problem with fuel delivery on boost so i decided to junp the guns and fit an inline pump, but the intank was so nackered that she couldn't feed the inline and was sucking air, hence the noise and pressure fluctuation.
Hope it helps.
Ross.

EXTERNAL/INTERNAL/INLINE DA-31 RACE FUEL PUMP HIGH LPH | eBay

466774045_o.jpg

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/badger...tings-easy-plug-play-fuel-pump-upgrading.html

fuel-fittings-pump-1.jpg

<tuffty/>

that pump pictured is the exact same one i bought for an iveco daily 35s

as a replacement for a faulty unit.