Thermostat leaking HELP!!!

IrishDave

Reaction score
Went to change the thermostat yesterday. Took it all apart only to find I had been given the wrong O-Ring. So chanced using the old one but it did not seal surprise surprise. So went back to the local stealers today to get the right one. Well god dam do you think they could find the one I needed. No. I even gave them the o-ring that needed replacing and they still could not find it. Useless people, should be bagged and thrown in a river. So they are now trying to sell me other parts that maybe the o-ring comes with. I told them to leave it.
So does anybody have a part number for the said o-ring or know where to find it, please please please. Also I was pretty hung over when attempting this. The order of the parts is o-ring, thermostat, housing when replacing it.
Thanks to anyone that can help, I need to get this done by this evening.

I bought some instant seal, put it on put it all back together. Came back read an installation guide and Tufftys post only to realise I was putting it back together all wrong. Note to self dont mess with the car with a serious hangover. So anyway I have gone out taken it all apart again removed all the instant seal and now I have dropped one of the screws down the front of the engine behind a plate where I cant get to it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Euro car parts sell the thermostat gasket for 96 pence

Order should be thermostat, gasket then housing.

Before you put the thermostat and gasket in the hole check that the housing fits in the hole on its own. They deform out of shape and can be that you are putting an oval shape into a round hole. They are only £6 from Audi for a replacement.

Got my thermostat and o-ring from EuroCarParts, and made sure that the area is cleaned and free from rust spots so that the o-ring sits property.

Thanks all for the replies. Got it all sorted yesterday.
Now its off to Poland for the Euro's. DrinkDrinkDrink.