What mods/improvements?

Stuart Dobson

Reaction score
Hey guys
Recently I've been thinking about spending a bit of money on my audi towards some improvements. I've only had her just over half a year now and all I've done is replace/add a few interior bits and pieces to make it more my own.

I've been thinking about spending a bit of money towards improving performance. I'm not really too fussed about exterior styling, although there are one of two things which I want to sort out, for example refurbishing the alloys. I've mainly been thinking about overall performance.

So I was wondering, what would people recommend? What should I look into fitting/replacing?

I'm fairly handy with a set of tools, I've had a bit of experience working with vehicles and I'm fairly confident I could handle most jobs given the right advice and knowledge. For anything I cant physically do by myself but seems important I might consider getting it professionally fitted.

But yeh that's basically it, I wanted to get some ideas together. One thing I was thinking of doing was retrofitting the cruise control stick. But yeh any suggestions would be welcome.

What car is it?

Badger 5 TIP with Jetex Filter.
Cupra T front splitter
Aero Wipers.

depending on how much money you want to spend

is your car completly standard? if so filter, tip, remap?

dont forget when up'ing power, handling is just as important, no point in havin 1000000bhp if you cant take a corner or stop

knoxie :)

I knew I was going to forget that :/

Its an A3 1.8t 2003 8L

Thanks Knoxie, yeah I men't performance in general not just power :)
Anything that improves the standard :)

i personally have an s3 so wont be very helpfull, customboy has a build thread i think, hes done everthing from stage1, 2 an going onto big turbo now i think, drop him a pm sure he'll help you out.

but i would say filter, remap and decent coilovers for starters, nothings better that knowing you can throw your car into a corner :)

Ok great thanks for the Info :) if anyone could match parts and product providers to the suggestions it would be much appreciated, Jetex seems to be a favourite filter, what about coilovers? I wanna put some ideas together with estimated costs for time being :)

LI started off with coilovers, made the ride stiffer and less body roll into corners etc - £200max. Red poly dog bush £20. Stiffen the engine mount for a more direct feel gear change and stops the engine rocking. Silicone Turbo Intake pipe (TIP) £100-200odd - improves air flow into your turbo.
Air Filter £...(I took mine off so no idea of price)
Cold air feed (£...)
Decat and Downpipe £100. Improves airflow leaving the engine and frees the turbo making a quicker spool and a slight deep tone to your exhaust.

I'm sure someone will add more or correct

Safe motoring

Hi Stuart mate feel free to ask me anything mine was a bog standard a3 1.8T 150bhp AGU 1999, now a stage 2 rtech beast soon to be stripped for the big k04 conversion so ask away

Thanks for the info guys.
Have you got Facebook/Msn customboy? If you've got pretty much the same car I got several questions which i didn't wanna fill the topic with :)