Replaced my console bushes

Graham89

Derv Perv
Reaction score
I have got hold of my new console bushes just got to fit them this weekend. Do I need to replace the bolts as I can't see anywhere saying whether I need to or not. They look like stretch bolts but can't be 100%

I have got hold of my new console bushes just got to fit them this weekend. Do I need to replace the bolts as I can't see anywhere saying whether I need to or not. They look like stretch bolts but can't be 100%

Don't know what you're talking about mate but why did you not research the issue first before buying anything ?!!!!

The Bolts that hold the console bushes ally housing onto the lower arm and chassis. Unless you've replaced them you wouldn't know. If you see or have dealings with them you'll know the bolts I'm talking about. There's 3 per side. The new bushes and ally casing it sits in did not come with new bolts.
So before I fit these I want to see if others replaced them. I've seen the damage engine mount bolts do if you don't replace them and wondered if these console housing bolts will require replacement or can be re used.

I think I have found what you mean. There is no mention of requiring new bolts in ETKA but for the sake of a couple of quid each it might be a good idea to use new ones.