Windscreen Replaced

Tony Axford

Reaction score
Just had my windscreen replaced, there seems to be a bit trim missing from the top of the screen on the outside, the problem is I cant be sure if there is one or not. Has anyone got a pic of their windscreen. Needs to be a 2008 > model

On mine (2009) there is a small gap between the glass edge and where the roof panel rolls under. No trim piece that I've ever seen.

Reactions: Tony Axford
Thanks D3mon that sounds just like mine panic over lol.... :)

Reactions: D3mon
just a question off topic, has your screen got any distortion? i.e on the bottom edge or right/left sides? I had mine replaced few weeks ago and after changing it 3 times its still the same. whats yours like?

just a question off topic, has your screen got any distortion? i.e on the bottom edge or right/left sides? I had mine replaced few weeks ago and after changing it 3 times its still the same. whats yours like?
iv seen quite a few distorted screens in the past year.

what brand screen is it.

the first two was Pilkington, the one I have at the moment is guardian, although it is better than the Pilkington (it has no distortion) at the bottom edge but the side are very distracting,

I have not noticed any distortion as yet, i will have another tomorrow to make sure and also make a note of the brand

Reactions: khalil
The top edge should have an extruded trim on the underside of the glass. Different manufacturers, different quality; some are better than others. OEM glass will be the exact configuration (the glass roofed cars will have a narrower profile). The problem with aftermarket glass is: one size fits all. The glass roof edge provides a different edge to the metal roofed cars and the narrower profile is perfect. However, although the screen is the same, that same narrow profile will look terrible on a metal roofed car, almost non-existent (and the glass needs to be pulled up higher to compensate, often knocking the chassis number view out of alignment).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151761042202122.1073741830.9640677121&type=3

In the link are some images which shows how narrow the aftermarket extrusion is.

Simple solution: OEM glass every time. And don;t listen to any suggestion that the non-OEM glass "hasn't been stamped" and "is the same as", because it's total b0ll0cks.

Reactions: D3mon