radio trouble

a3tony

Reaction score
for some reason my 2005 a3 which has a concert single din and for some reason if im listening to the radio and put my rear screen heater on i lose my signal, has any body else heard of this?
cheers

Common (ish) fault and the only repair is a new rear screen.

The aerial is integrated within the heater element and for some reason (maybe old age) the aerial degrades even though the heated screen bit works.

There is another thread somewhere on here where someone tried to repair the broken wire with conductive paint but that didn't work so in the end it was a new screen.

gutted lol, looks like im stuck with my cd's then

cheers

Oops, some how I got a stone flip up of the road & crack my rear screen, doesnt my insurance cover glass breaks :eyebrows:

Oops, some how I got a stone flip up of the road & crack my rear screen, doesnt my insurance cover glass breaks :eyebrows:

And as a result of this kind of thing........ Oops, some how my insurance premium has gone up again. I wonder if its anything to do with all of the false claims that are going through now days? :no:

And as a result of this kind of thing........ Oops, some how my insurance premium has gone up again. I wonder if its anything to do with all of the false claims that are going through now days? :no:

I doubt it even comes close to the reason why mine also went up.

Mk5 Golfs went through a phase were the bee sting aerial was replaced with the one integrated into the rear screen heater element.
There was so many complaints from all markets, that VW started using the bee sting again.

imho I've always found signal quality very poor when compared to a a normal amped aerial.

im just glad we've got the summer months coming so i shouldn't need to use my rear heater as much lol