2.0t FSI scrapped?

nothingness

Reaction score
Hello,

Quick update, my a3 tdi 140 is nice. Lovely to drive, I think it really need a remap though. All good here!

Anyway, I was playing on the audi configurator UK and noticed the 2.0T FSI engines dont seem available on the A3's anymore? They are on the S3's however the normal a3 only has the 1.8T FSI

Howcome?

Is this in the interest of lower emissions?

Don't know what your looking at but I have just been on the Audi UK site and the 2.0T option is available in 3 and 5dr from Standard up to Black Edition...

They have drastically reduced the engines & trim levels on the current A3 3 door in the run up to the launch of the new model. You can no longer order a BE or a quattro 3 door according to the audi configulator, so doesn't surprise me they've limited the engines.

a3.jpg

Looks like the 2.0 TFSI is only available on the Sportback now. According to the configurator.

Yeah, I was looking at there Sportback when I originally posted... Strange really considering the engines are used in other models anyway....

I don't think its strange at all dropping various engines from the last few A3 3 door before the new one is available to order in June. they are obviously limiting the orders for the current model and therefore limiting engines & spec's!

Yeah, I was looking at there Sportback when I originally posted... Strange really considering the engines are used in other models anyway....