HELP WITH A3 BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS FITMENTS

shady-ninja

Reaction score
Just managed to get hold of an immaculate pair of bixenon lamps but im not sure whats missing in this picture.
ballast and bulbs have been located.

THIS IS THE HEADLAMP BELOW.

AUDIS3PICS.jpg

THIS IS WHAT THE BACK LOOKS LIKE ON PICS BELOW.

AUDI1.jpg

AUDI2.jpg

AUDI3.jpg

IM NOT SURE IF I NEED ONE OF THESE BELOW.
189_eA.jpg

900165_1.jpg

On the earlier lights the ballasts sit under the headlight on the outside so are visible, not sure from your photos if they are present (silver metal boxes).

The HID bulbs are missing, but they are cheap D3S possibly in those.

yes the ballast sits under the headlight.
do i need electric leveling motors like the one in the last two pictures?

No you dont need motors as they're fitted inside the headlights, how many modules are on base of the headlights, you also are missing the bulb holder rings.

Levelling systems wont work without the systems fitted on the cars aswell, so regardless of whats inside the headlight, its not a plugnplay solution for the complete system to function, if your car hasnt got xenons already & even with, it may require some rewiring.

If you want help, then please answer the questions being levied to you, otherwise any help given maybe incorrect.

ok.
i have located 2 D3s bulbs, 2 bulb retaining clips, 2 ballasts.
please, what else do i need as i am willing to listen and not
in a rush as i i really dont want to make mistakes.
plus any help would be apreciated as u seem to have exellent
knowledge about this kind of things.

how many modules are on base of the headlights

as i am willing to listen.
Sorry but you're not as you havnt answered the question, its relevant because there are 2 types of these headlights.

You will need the levelling system & headlight washer system to be completely road legal & pass an mot it would seem.

This is what the base of the headlight looks like, so can we say they only reuire 1 module each?
BASE.jpg

BASE1.jpg

BASE2.jpg
K

With regards to the washers and leveling system its a working progress.
i dont have them at the moment but might purchase them next month.
i am trying to find out what parts i need to get the headlights to switch on first.

Sorry but you're not as you havnt answered the question, its relevant because there are 2 types of these headlights.

You will need the levelling system & headlight washer system to be completely road legal & pass an mot it would seem.

Last edited:
Well they're standard bixenons, so you still need levelling systems & washer systems.

Yes, but then you'll be asking for trouble come mot time & if you get stopped & inspected by vosa, you stand to get a nice big fine, your risk, but has to be said.

your advise has been of great use and highly appreciated.
if i fit the lights can you code them to work on my car??
can you help me source a range control module or auto level?
Yes, but then you'll be asking for trouble come mot time & if you get stopped & inspected by vosa, you stand to get a nice big fine, your risk, but has to be said.

I could fit all of the kit, code etc so completely road legal, but comes at a cost, PM me for further info.