Newbie just bought his first S3.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif I just wanted to thank the moderator who just validated me in time to read the S3 buying guide and look through your very helpful forum. I just sold my 1973 911 and have just bought my first Audi a lovely imola yellow S3 breathed on by some guy called Kim Collins, very nice, cant wait to pick it up on sunday and just wanted to tell some people who might care to listen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif
oh radio codes, does anyone know how to re-activate a stereo that has locked as they just had the battery replaced and have mislaid the code. I know Audi garages can do this just afraid my local one may charge (especially as they were looking into finding my an S3 and now I have one they didn't source) cheers glad to be a part of group of people who like such a nice motor (and dont like gull wing doors - what on earth is that all about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

Nice find their Fasteddie, and welcome to the club. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Welcome to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Greetings
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Welcome bud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You will need the code for the radion i'm afraid, or a trip down to your local stealers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

i have some, will be taking more on sunday when i pick it up - oh yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif
how would i be including them in a post? do i need to host on photobucket and img them

hi try this
s3.jpg

and this

s31.jpg

hope that works

you have pm, i had looked at facelift, nice lights but a tad over my budget

gorgeous- uh jedi how did u tell it was a pre-facelift?

i think mines a facelift as ive been told the 'cup holder' was one of the features. but thats all i know!

[ QUOTE ]
gorgeous- uh jedi how did u tell it was a pre-facelift?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I may...
Facelift versions have one piece front lights (indicators and headlights), different design rear lights, different style badges etc...

There are also differences in the interior - dash layout, instrument badging, steering wheel style etc.

looking sweet. Out of interest, when did they change the door handle design as my 1998 A3 has the old style ones.

[ QUOTE ]
looking sweet. Out of interest, when did they change the door handle design as my 1998 A3 has the old style ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

between 98/99, my 99 S3 has the new handles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

similar to mine..good choice.