Rear washer pipe split or popped connector near head lining

leach76

Reaction score
Has anyone had this ?,i had the problem last year when the wiper motor freezes up throwing water into the tailgate so this year when very cold i havn't used it,but tonight noticed rear washer jets were very weak so tried clearing them and noticed a puddle under drivers quarter panel on the floor,I had the immediate 'OH NO!!!!' feeling because i knew what had happened.
Is there a joint for the above the quarter glass ? and the other thing i couldnt understand was its also dropping behind the drivers wheel so either the washer bottle has split in the cold weather or i have pressurised the bottle and with it not coming out of the rear jet quick enough its seeped at the next two weakest points.

i cant understand why they still use this poor design of various joints and straight connecters in stupid places to get to as mk4 golfs used to be a major pain in the *** for this

I had this split on mine last winter. There is a join just next to your right foot under the side carpet trim. Remove the seat, release the plastic trim, fit a section of pressure hose, sealant and very tight cable ties and left to set - no problems since

Make sure to leave your ignition off until seat is back in and airbag is plugged back in otherwise you will get an airbag light on

Why oh why are members suffering from freezing windscreen washer liquid? I put windscreen liquid in, which is good for minus 25 deg temperatures. No chance of freezing where I live. Of course if you live in the mountains, or where temperatures drop to lower levels, I am sure there is a windscreen liquid made for that too. If one uses water and cheap detergent, then guess what will happen at the first sign of severe frost....!! Remember that freezing levels also depend upon wind (wind-chill-factor), so always use a liquid with a protection well below the air temperatures you expect at your location. Cheers.