LEDs in Boot Flashing Pics and vids

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im having problems with fitting Leds into my boot light. All i get is 5 fast flashes from LEDs when i open the boot then nothing.
I've looked that at wiring diagrams ( Brown is earth/negative and green with red tracer is + positive) im sure got them right away around. Dont Think they would even flash if i didn't?
Tryed shutting n reopening boot, Locking it unlocking it. But just the flashes.

11022012046.jpg
Sorry about poor pics done on my Phone
11022012048.jpg
This running leds from 12v Drill battery they work fine. also know soldering i've done must be right by this.

[video]http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp263/D2a2n/?action=view&current=11022012007.mp4[/video]
Just see thur back window the leds flash as i open shut the boot. Again sorry for poor vid.

Put a standard bulb back in it works fine.

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Dan

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 8P0-959-433.lbl
Part No: 8P0 959 433 F
Component: KSG H08 0070
Coding: 1880202002186D088505488AC637
Shop #: WSC 00857 210 91343
VCID: 3F87512C6E669DB
Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H03 1301
Part No: 1K0 907 719 C
Component: Neigungssensor 005 0003
Part No: 8P0 951 177
Component: Innenraumueberw.H04 0020
1 Fault Found:
01565 - Luggage Compartment Light (W3)
007 - Short to Ground

Tryed clearing it fault comes right back.
If i put this light in glove box it works fine.

Im not sure if this is related or not but I bought a complete interior LED lighting kit for my A3 including the boot light. It never worked at all, the LED light would work in the glove box but never the boot. I bought a seperate LED bulb that was advertised on ebay as being specifically made for the boot and it works fine. Mine was like yours, I ould get it to light up out of the boot but not once did it work on the Audi wiring. New bulb solved the problem.
This is what I bought and works a treat.
VW/AUDI boot lamp LED SMD UPGRADE/ Golf mk4 and A3 Boot | eBay

The reason it does not work is because it is not canbus error free. The power to the light will be switched off if the computer thinks the bulb has blown which is what happens when insufficient current flows due to some led's.

The ones as listed on ebay work properly.

The reason it does not work is because it is not canbus error free. The power to the light will be switched off if the computer thinks the bulb has blown which is what happens when insufficient current flows due to some led's.

The ones as listed on ebay work properly.

Does that mean then that the boot light needs a canbus error free LED and the one in the glove box doesnt? Both LEDs I used were canbus error free bulbs, one was part of a complete set, every LED worked in every location other than the boot. Bought the one I linked to earlier and no problem at all even though both were advertised and sold as error free bulbs?

Does that mean then that the boot light needs a canbus error free LED and the one in the glove box doesnt? Both LEDs I used were canbus error free bulbs, one was part of a complete set, every LED worked in every location other than the boot. Bought the one I linked to earlier and no problem at all even though both were advertised and sold as error free bulbs?

Yes, the one in the boot has to be canbus error free because it is linked into the alarm system. Obviously the boot lock is linked into the alarm system and the light operates from that switch. Not so with the glove box or puddle etc.

People advertise bulbs on ebay as 'error free' but in my experience very few are when used on an Audi.

The ones you bought are from T8ups (or nearly ! ) on here and work ok.

They are from T8ups and Im happy with them!!
But think I have messed them up. I pulled the wires off from the LED bored trying to fit the little white connector in right place:banghead:.
So can kinda see from pics, i resoldered new wire on to the led bored. Then soldered other end of the new wires to metal bulb holder frame.

I should have a word with T8ups then. If you haven't damaged the board then they're not working as canbus error free.

However, if your battery is a bit too low then insufficient current will be drawn and will switch off. Start the engine, clear the fault and see if it works when the battery has the alternator helping it !

Dan,

Return the bulb with your lamp holder and i will fix the whole lot up, test in a car and send it back.

does the glove box bulb work in the boot without a problem?

all the bulbs i supply for the Audi's are error free and the bulb for the boot was made for the boot as i had issues with several differant CANBUS bulbs and still got nothing but these bulbs are stelth and i sell 50 every month and to date since i had them made in augest i have not had 1 unit back that has not work or have not had one back that has led's not working.

i think its something to do with the soldering, have you put glue all over it also?

the return address is at the bottom of this page - EMTuning - Contact US

Thanks T8ups! Sorry be pain but there all one :blush:
appreciate this! As know i have caused the fault! NOT your LEDs and work.

If i put a standard bulb back in it works fine.
Yes i put hot melt glue on the wires to try stop them pull off from the bored.
I've put every think back to how it was.

Thank you Trups for sorting the boot light it's awesome!!!
same as the
Side lights
interior lights
Led number plate lights
Fantastic!!