No Dump Valve noise?

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, a week ago I fitted my AMD "turbo dynamics" DV, (as pictured below) I currently got the standard air filter, and so I didn't expect to hear much. All I heard was a slightly louder turbo spool (or maybe it was in my head).
Dump.jpg

Now..I'm getting to something. The other day I fitted my brother's K&N filter (pictured below), so I expected to hear some sort of DV noise which I was looking forward to, but to my disappointment I didn't get Jack, lol. Only a louder engine suction noise. Now a while back someone posted a video of how the AMD DV should sound with an induction kit, and mine does not even come close. Now is this because I don't have a cold air feed? because I'm getting a TDA air filter next month and want to know what to expect. In general how can I get a louder DV noise without going for an atmospheric DV, because I like the re-circulating ones?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
KNN.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, a week ago I fitted my AMD "turbo dynamics" DV, (as pictured below) I currently got the standard air filter, and so I didn't expect to hear much. All I heard was a slightly louder turbo spool (or maybe it was in my head).
Dump.jpg

Now..I'm getting to something. The other day I fitted my brother's K&N filter (pictured below), so I expected to hear some sort of DV noise which I was looking forward to, but to my disappointment I didn't get Jack, lol. Only a louder engine suction noise. Now a while back someone posted a video of how the AMD DV should sound with an induction kit, and mine does not even come close. Now is this because I don't have a cold air feed? because I'm getting a TDA air filter next month and want to know what to expect. In general how can I get a louder DV noise without going for an atmospheric DV, because I like the re-circulating ones?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
KNN.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure the vacuum pipe is connected properly at both ends. Also make sure that the piston isnt stuck (take it out the inlet hose and push the piston up with your finger) You should definately hear it with a cone filter on!

[ QUOTE ]
cheers rich, I'll try that out. By the inlet hose do you mean the bit that's going into the airfilter tube?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!

ok, well I just took out my DV, and all the pipes are in place, only one thing. I seem to have over tightened the vacuum pipe and squashed that small plastic adapter thing on the top of the DV, so only a slight space for air to run through. I had a slightly bigger one that came with the DV so I just fitted that on now. I wanted to ask, which vacum pipe adapter do most people use? The bigger or smaller one?

depends on your pipe diameter.

my s3 used the smaller one till i snapped it clean off.

fitted a brass one instead now.

Ive got the exact same DV and yes mine is louder than OEM.

Sounds like youve crushed the part which opens the DV when off throttle so no boost is being recirced!

ummm... I didn't notice any change in noise when I fitted my DV from AmD and that's the way they said it should be.

there might be a slight difference, but I'm normally too busy driving, also I didn't buy it for noise, I bought it because I wanted something more reliable than OEM.

[ QUOTE ]
ummm... I didn't notice any change in noise when I fitted my DV from AmD and that's the way they said it should be.

there might be a slight difference, but I'm normally too busy driving, also I didn't buy it for noise, I bought it because I wanted something more reliable than OEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running the original air filter though?

Hey I also wanted to ask one more thing. When I took out the DV, I'd push the spring up then close the pipe and release the spring and it would slowley unwind only once I'd left my finger does it make the pop noise. Now is the spring supposed to slowley sink back to it's original position?

the spring in my DV both oem and AmD both spring back hard, infact I think the various suggestions to improve things are to make it even faster... might be worth checking if it doesn't snap shut straight away!