Oil running out from inlet manifold ? Help

scottshere

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had it where oil is coming out of inlet manifold/EGR area and running down the engine

Ive already capped the EGR off at the exaust manifold side.
It leaks out of the 2 holes too. Spraying onto airbox

I thought the blanking at the exaust end would fix this, or do i need to blank at the EGR too
There does seem to be a lot of oil coming out, i was wondering if its just blocked and could do with a clean.

Will take a better look at it on Friday and post some pics

Any ideas why i would be getting so much oil coming out?
Turbo on its way out? Piston rings shot?
I do have a very slight miss fire on tick over and when traveling at a constant RPM (1500 to 2000 RPM)
( i am going to change thermostat as the engine never gets above 70c and has had a new coolant sensor )

Any ideas as this is getting me a tad worried now?

It will be coming from the crank case breather into the engine.

Thanks BlackQuat,

Need to find some pics now of where and how to change this
Ive bumped an old thread to see if anyone has any info

Should i see oil actually coming out of the crank case breather and down the engine when i get the engine cover off and EGR off ?

Im going to take the EGR off for a good clean out. Not sure what to clean it with yet

Mine was leaking out of the 2 holes on the egr valve and then dripping down onto the inlet, i've now removed the egr for a allard egr removal pipe and I have no more leaks at all.

I've also relocated the crank case breather so it's not going back into the intake.

Mine was leaking out of the 2 holes on the egr valve and then dripping down onto the inlet, i've now removed the egr for a allard egr removal pipe and I have no more leaks at all.

I've also relocated the crank case breather so it's not going back into the intake.

How and where have you relocated it?

Blocked the intake pipe with a bung I got off ebay, then I got some 22mm pipe from the crank case breather and routed it under the airbox with a mini filter on the end of it.

Blocked the intake pipe with a bung I got off ebay, then I got some 22mm pipe from the crank case breather and routed it under the airbox with a mini filter on the end of it.

Any pics with what you did ?

That sounds an interesting mod as it should keep the inlet nice and clean

Few pics I have of doing the mod:

IMG-20120118-00088.jpg

^^22mm bung I got from ebay in the intake pipe^^

IMG-20120119-00090.jpg

^^The pipe with the filter secured^^

IMG-20120118-00089.jpg

^^Shows rough location of where the filter is^^

dont you need an oil separator? as oil will just go to that filter on the crank case breather?

Thanks for that Jack
Do you notice the engine running better now?

and as Stu says, what about the filter getting clogged up with oil.
i am confused a tad as to why would there be a pipe that lets oil get into the inlet manifold, or does it go straight into the EGR

Not sure about running better at the moment, having clutch problems at the moment....gutted

I doubt the filter would clog up, not a real lot of oil comes out of the Crank case breather, it's more oil vapours, will check on the filter every now and again though and clean if needed.

When the cold weather passes i will strip it down and replace what i can. I have noticed that some oil (i think) is coming from the long thin vacume pipes. If i was to replace them all, what pipe would i need? and how much

Had new disks and pads fitted today... Letting them bed in for a few miles till i really try them out, but wow what a difference
Pagid disks and pads as im told these are decent

Hope you get your clutch sorted pal, its a nightmare when its all going wrong....