A4 Saloon Bike Rack

D2NY G

Reaction score
After viewing the thread on the avant bike rack, just wondering if anyone is using a bike rack on their saloon shape A4?

Wouldn't mind them on the roof but unsure if you can fit them? Seen a few universal type ones on ebay has anyone used one or got any good recommendations?

Ta

would prefer them on the roof if i could, as my mate had one that holds onto the boot and it fell off, maybe due to incorrect fitting but wouldnt want my bike ruined by it falling off.

Just the rails are kinda small and dont have any fitting type areas

i do load sof biking mate and go to france for 2 weeks a year, i would never entertain anything other than tow bar mount.

i made my bike rack by taking measurements from a pendle rack and slightly modified it ( made it wider ) to accomodate my downhill bike.

westfalia detachable tow bar is the way forward, cant see any of it when its not in.

Hey,

I went for the Saris bike rack, take 2 minutes to put on and 2 minutes to take off.

Pros:

Not to expensive
Folds away small
can fit 3 bikes without purchasing extra straps

Cons:

Covers number plate
can mark rear bumper if car isn't clean, though I've got this out with swirlx when needed

Will get image up soon for ou to see an action shot of the rack :)

photo (1) by jeinon, on Flickr

Halfords | Saris Bones Red 3 Bike Rear Cycle Carrier

Last edited:
nice one lad, wouldn't want to have a go at a custom one but does sound good.

like the look of that sardis one, might have to have a trip into halfords and see what they've got.

is there no way of putting the bikes on the roof or is that only available to the avants because it has the roof rails?

You should be able to by rails and then bike bars for the top. while your at halfords ask what options are available, then go somewhere else and find them cheaper :)

lol, halfords are only there for the advice not the price

went searching on ebay and bought my self a saris bones sentinel 2 bike rack

Halfords | Saris Bones Sentinel 2 Bike Rear Cycle Carrier

got it half the price it was in halfords so im laughing, wouldn't mind the saris bones 3 like the picture above but this will do for me untill one comes up at the right price :)

will get a pic with the bike on when it comes and let people know whether its a decent bike rack for our audi's or not

Nice one! thats where i got mine from.

One tip is to strap a part of the bike to the bottom part of the rack as i found that the bike tends to go horizontal sometimes, when it comes back down may knock your boot.

Nice one! thats where i got mine from.

One tip is to strap a part of the bike to the bottom part of the rack as i found that the bike tends to go horizontal sometimes, when it comes back down may knock your boot.

Nice one pal, yeh going to play about make sure a get a good holding place dont fancy having to repaint the rear if it hits lol

fitted :)

holds the bike well happy with it

IMG_0809.jpg

im looking into this but have read up that if it covers your number plate and lights that you will require a light bar so that they are visable, so has anyone fitted a light bar and wired the light bar kit in?>

I have a Halfords 3 bike high-lift rack that I used on a previous car. Last week we had 3 bikes on it, on the back of the A4. All I can say is dangerous, the fixings were slowly coming undone, it just doesn't suit the A4 boot. In the end I had to just put the bikes on my roof rack and rachet them down. Not advisable if you care for your bikes, but it held them rock-steady!

I'm now looking into the roof mount brackets, and also might invest in a tow bar and the relevant racks for that.

this one ive been using has been fine if im honest, never been stopped for plate not fully shown.

my next one will prob be a towbar one, that i can remove along with the towbar aswell they seam to look real good

i have a b6 a4 and think im gonna go for a detatchable tow bar with a tow bar mounted rack

i have a rear boot mounted one now which holds nicely only tried one bike on it so far, have also wire up connection for light board which was fairly simple after i found out which wire was what, then i was done i will load pics up when i get a chance to mount it on the car when not raining! lol

I have a detachable westfalia towbar and a thule 3 bike rack to go with it,holds three beefy bikes no problem,plus it keeps the crap off the roof post ride.It only takes mins to fit towbar and rack.

that sound quite good mate, would mind the option of holding an extra bike can only get two on mine.

do you have any pictures at all? thanks

no worries pal, when ever you have time, its only for reference really :)

I have a detachable westfalia towbar and a thule 3 bike rack to go with it,holds three beefy bikes no problem,plus it keeps the crap off the roof post ride.It only takes mins to fit towbar and rack.
Sounds like the exact same setup I'm looking at getting, where did you get it from? And how much?

After viewing the thread on the avant bike rack, just wondering if anyone is using a bike rack on their saloon shape A4?

Wouldn't mind them on the roof but unsure if you can fit them? Seen a few universal type ones on ebay has anyone used one or got any good recommendations?

Ta
Hi, I was also looking for a bike rack for the A4 Saloon and came across this site called Best Car Bike Rack it had loads of info, the page you are looking is Audi A4 Bike Rack Buyers Guide. Although some of the racks were out of stock it still gave me a lot of ideas! hope this helps!