Advice on spacing wheels. 2.0tfsi sline sporback 18"speedlines

rickypj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been Thinking for a while that the rear wheels on my sportback appear to sit quite far in the arches. Should I space them out and if I do how much? and do I need any sort of re alignment after? Is it quite a normal thing to do or have I possibly got the wrong wheels fitted

Any help would be great, thanks

i recon 12mm will do it nicely if they are the standard offset wheels which are et54 , N8 is the wheel man he will advise you better soon enough

I was going to ask the same question. Having posted pictures of my S3 and compared it to others I would like to alter the stance of the car by fitting spacers just to give it a more aggressive stance. Is it as simple as wheels off, spacers on and longer bolts fitted and then balance wheels??? My car is standard 8P2 S3.

yep easy as wheels off spacers on , get longer bolts (if required) then wheels on job done , don't think you need to balance the wheels again as they should be balanced anyway

OK then thats sorted then. What is the best size to go for......10mm or 12mm and should front and back be the same size. Just want to give the car a more aggresive stance.

Personally on S3 I'd go for 10mm. With it being lower than the other models any more than that will result in rear arch rub. You could go 12mm but it will mean you need to whip the rear arch liner screw out of the top of the arch.

McGard locking bolts (around 40mm), and then some extended wheel bolts M14 x 1.5 (36-40mm) will be fine.

Make sure you get the right sort (radius fitting bolts) as otherwise you'll end up with terrible wheel wobble!

You could go 12mm on an A3 with higher standard suspension.