Whats My S3 worth?

I

imported_Rooney

I have been looking on AutoTrader to get an idea but was curious to what you guys think.

Its 2001 Y reg, Midnight Blue, Usual Extras, Elec - windows - mirrors - sunroof - seats. Air Con, Full Black Leather. 40,000 miles, 12 months MOT 6 moths Tax, just had oil service on AWD sys.

What do you guys think?

Do you want to know what to advertise it at or what someone would pay for it?

I have been looking at S3's recently and narrowed it down to about 6 that I really like the look of, one of them was Bigshouts, he had a noggy blue with silver leather, light tints, 41k, alu mirrors, Y plate and amd stage 1, and he was going to hold out for £14250, I offered less than that by about £500, and he sold it so maybe ask him what he got for it? Remember that he has a very desirable colour combo and the amd re map though.

I have got one I am going to see tomorrow night in black with black leather, 32k, Y plate, armrest, heated seats, light tints, bose, alu mirrors, no remap but it has the audi navigation and he said he would drop from £14500 to £13750.

There is also a nice Dolphin Grey with silver hide on an 02 plate at a dealers with alu mirrors, bose, armrest and 21k that is up for just under £16k and he would take £15250 with no trade in, which is tempting.

There are also loads out there advertised for nearly £20k on 02 plates, but they are not selling.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you want to know what to advertise it at or what someone would pay for it?

I have got one I am going to see tomorrow night in black with black leather, 32k, Y plate, armrest, heated seats, light tints, bose, alu mirrors, no remap but it has the audi navigation and he said he would drop from £14500 to £13750.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a car with Nav thats a very good price. You know you want it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have been looking on AutoTrader to get an idea but was curious to what you guys think.

Its 2001 Y reg, Midnight Blue, Usual Extras, Elec - windows - mirrors - sunroof - seats. Air Con, Full Black Leather. 40,000 miles, 12 months MOT 6 moths Tax, just had oil service on AWD sys.

What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make first call at £13250 going by what i paid for mine but tyre condition and if its had second full service are big unknown factors. They can swing price about £500-800.

It is only the Nav that comes up in the DIS, not the Nav+, but after having Nav in the last 4 cars I would really miss not having it now.

While on the subject, whats best for resale on an S3, DSG or Manual?

And what are "Must Have" options on the S3?

S3 is manual only.

When/if an 8P S3 is released I don't think it will make much difference, I would personally buy a DSG after owning a car with it, but if it was manual only it wouldn't stop me buying one.

dude,

the must haves on an S3 are BOSE and alu mirrors.. if you can get one with the 18in rs4's (like my beauty) then you're laughing!!

things like heated seats and cruise are trivial in my book...... the one thing that would make it really slick is the famous silver leather... but you dont come by them very often!

good luck matey!
yans.

Yeah totally agree about the Silver leather, love it!
And I love the black/silver alcantara too.

[ QUOTE ]
dude,

the must haves on an S3 are BOSE and alu mirrors.. if you can get one with the 18in rs4's (like my beauty) then you're laughing!!

things like heated seats and cruise are trivial in my book...... the one thing that would make it really slick is the famous silver leather... but you dont come by them very often!

good luck matey!
yans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't it funny that everyone wants Bose with their car and when you get it its a load of cr*p and not straight forward to upgrade!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yeah Bose would not bother me, I have it on my S-Line and it is pretty good, having said that the RNS-E Nav+ is pretty good, the symphony was a bit harsh in the midrange and too bright in the top, but I would rather have stock and put a decent amp and speakers up front.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude,

good luck matey!
yans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't it funny that everyone wants Bose with their car and when you get it its a load of cr*p and not straight forward to upgrade!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It just 'Sounds' good when someone when you tell someone that you have a Bose system in the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

But would you have Bose in the house?

Without doubt I find them one of the worst sounding systems you can buy, we had one in our kitchen and had to get rid of it, sounds like nails down a blackboard!