VCDS Map User
Reaction score
New Audi A3 revealed | News | Auto Express
car_photo_469891_25.jpg

car_photo_469888_25.jpg

30791110150313898896470.jpg

31373510150313899981470.jpg

31351110150313899846470.jpg

Looks like the S5 has the same Kind of LED'S like the new S5.........:hubbahubba::drool:

Last edited:

Ain't got a clue what that is in the Grill .....looks like a fog light .....but why would it only have one ? :think:

Test mule of A3 I saw didn't look that good (pic of one testing in Argentina or Brazil).

S5 looks stunning, and final sounds as good as it sounds. Wonder if the S3 with be switched to 3.0 Supercharged in this facelift from the 4.2?

Ain't got a clue what that is in the Grill .....looks like a fog light .....but why would it only have one ? :think:
i saw this on a A5 earlier today
is it for the adaptive cruise

It's for adaptive cruise and lane assist (I think)

Big A1 anyone??

And hold on...... the new A3 manages an exhaust pipe on each side, but the RS3 didn't. :faint:

Poor isn't it. I'm toying with idea of having this dual exit prefabricated to my next S3 - spoken to a manufacturing company about plastic welding exhaust aperture into other side of diffuser, just need to see if MV sport can do the back box.

Poor isn't it. I'm toying with idea of having this dual exit prefabricated to my next S3 - spoken to a manufacturing company about plastic welding exhaust aperture into other side of diffuser, just need to see if MV sport can do the back box.

Would look LOVELY! Pioneering! :anbet:

ABT do a double exhaust kit for the 8P A3 think its £700 you also need to buy their rear bumper but thats £150 to £250 cant remember

Would look LOVELY! Pioneering! :anbet:

Just spoken to MV Sport & they can't do the back box so I now need to widen the search. Maybe Pipewerx as they custom fabricate to order.

Question is, dual ovals or quad rounds???

A3 rearr looks like the A1..hope it doesn't turn out that way!

Dual ovals please. :yes:

Just spoken to Jeff at Pipewerx and it can be done. They need the car for the day though and it's a hell of a long drive. That said it's been on the wish list for over a year and I'd love it done. Twin RS4 B7 pipes it is then!

i think that A3 looks banging!! i must be one of the only people who really likes the A1's looks. This in S or RS guise will be awesome i think!

Just spoken to Jeff at Pipewerx and it can be done. They need the car for the day though and it's a hell of a long drive. That said it's been on the wish list for over a year and I'd love it done. Twin RS4 B7 pipes it is then!

It's hard (impossible?) to give the 8P an "aggressive" rear end, but this would certainly achieve it.

i think that A3 looks banging!! i must be one of the only people who really likes the A1's looks. This in S or RS guise will be awesome i think!

To be fair, that A3 does look banging from the front. I just ain't feeling the back.
And add me to the list of people who like the A1. Standard ones don't do anything for me, but modded ones look very very decent.

warren have a look at supersprint they do dual exit exhaust for S3 oval twins or round 4 tips, ive been looking into this just not keen on chopping up my rear valance to make it fit

To be fair, that A3 does look banging from the front. I just ain't feeling the back.
And add me to the list of people who like the A1. Standard ones don't do anything for me, but modded ones look very very decent.

yeh once its got S/RS rear bumper on and some ovals were talkin!!

yeh with the A1 it has to be the all singing all dancing S-Line. With same colour roof! hate that contrast roof cack!

warren have a look at supersprint they do dual exit exhaust for S3 oval twins or round 4 tips, ive been looking into this just not keen on chopping up my rear valance to make it fit

Hmmmm, interesting....

30533.jpg

Do you know I think I'm with you on the quads.

The new A3 looks nice in the same way that the new Astra looks nice. I can appreciate the lines, but I don't want one - it just looks like a big A1 with a hint of 1-series.

I've been worried that I'm going to regret buying my 8P A3 sport back brand new and getting it less than 6 months before the new one is out... but other than the hit on resale, I'm getting less concerned as I see newer pictures. I think I'm going to prefer my own.

Reactions: andywaddy
The new A3 looks nice in the same way that the new Astra looks nice. I can appreciate the lines, but I don't want one - it just looks like a big A1 with a hint of 1-series.

I've been worried that I'm going to regret buying my 8P A3 sport back brand new and getting it less than 6 months before the new one is out... but other than the hit on resale, I'm getting less concerned as I see newer pictures. I think I'm going to prefer my own.

Don't worry Sport Back Ain't out Until 2013 ........

Reactions: audigex
That also improves the situation, at least a couple of years before I'm out of date then - plus I'm getting BE so I should be at least comparable in terms of equipment with early models.

Thanks Digzz

I like the new A3. And like the A1. Dreading the price of the A3 from looking at the A1.

Saw the S5 at the Frankfurt motor show and it's alot nicer than the current model. Seems more muscular both front and rear.

If that's what new A3 is going to look like, then I'm starting to save.

I'm happy they have done the rear lights the same as the 8P sportback where they continue onto the bootlid. I have always thought that was a nice touch that the 3dr 8P missed.

I like my current 8P sportback very much and it will be three years old in April 2012. As the new Sportback will not be available until 2013 I think I will be placing an order for an existing model in the next week or so. I will then have a car I like very much for at least another three years which will give Audi time to bring out all the different versions before I have to make a decision. There is no indication as yet which versions of the s-tonic will be used in which models either.

Personally I don't think the hit on the second hand price will be all that much if anything. The 8P is still very popular and there is still a 4-5 month waiting list. People who are looking for an A3 in three years time will be looking at the 8P as the new one will still be too expensive for them.

All I have to do now is decide which model to go for. Almost certainly a Sportback 2.0TDI s-tronic but my current one is a 140 re-mapped to around 170, but with all the problems related to insurance and the possibly problems with chipped cars and the new 2012 MOT Test I am tending to think I would be better going for a factory 170.

That was my theory. The remap + extra insurance on a 140 remapped turned out to be more than the extra cost of the 170 to start with.

The A1 grew on me bar the two tone roof part. Liking the new A3! hopefully the interior will be good too.

Warren, Neil @ Eclipse did my plastic welding :

DSC09225.jpg

DSC09223.jpg

The best guy for custom exhausts, is this company in Burton, Motorwize, they are superb.

Warren, Neil @ Eclipse did my plastic welding :

DSC09225.jpg

DSC09223.jpg

The best guy for custom exhausts, is this company in Burton, Motorwize, they are superb.

That looks awesome N8 A very tidy job.