initial thoughts on my new 3.2 dsg.

onianbag

Reaction score
engine:
wow. easily the best engine i've ever had, knocks even my old S3 into a cocked had. genuinely surprised at how quiet it is when idling - coming from a 2.5tdi, i had to wind the window down to make sure it was running! but what a great howl when you floor it.

dsg:
lost for words, staggeringly clever, it hurts my head to think about it too much. not had too much time to play with it yet, but loved the way the revs droppped after floored, when in auto in 6th at 80 on the motorway, then hold on as it drops a few and the needle springs back!

handling:
smooth and refined (not too harsh as i feared, being the sport, not s-line)

interior:
as good as expected, some of the materials not quite up to the standards on the cab, but overall a nice design.

nav plus:
again, simply superb - i was up and running in minutes and the detail is excellent. still cant get all the tracks on a 512mb sd card to play yet.

best experience yet:

when someone in a 1.8 vectra pulled up alongside me at the lights and then tried to pull away and cut in infront of me, presuming i was a 1.6 or something (all inscriptions removed off the back of my A3) needless to say he quickly became a spot in my rearview!!!

Nice write-up rag. I'm hoping to get my similarly specced and debadged 3.2 next month. I have two 1GB SD cards standing by for the nav+ and a phone kit on the horizon.

Tried the launch control yet?

you need to make sure the card is formatted in a certain way for the tracks to show up... so rry I can't be more specific, but I think it might mention it in the handbook (along with the rubbish about being able to use up to 256Mb cards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

First time I tried Launch Control, I found a long stretch of empty road... and boy I was glad I did! make sure it's dry, and be prefpared to do a U-turn, and collect your stomach from your launching point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

not tried launch control yet, but it's only a matter of time!!! will post some pics soon.