Picked up my 3.2 DSG today

G

gokiwi64

Rather interesting trip bringing it home.

Its my first auto for about 30 years, its my first V6, its my first Audi ....what the hell do I do with my left foot now ?

So time to play, I have a small rust spot on the bottom of the drivers door that needs attention. I think a pod style air filter with cold feed, exhaust of some sort (loud = safety !) brakes and suspension.

Want to try and keep it understated on the outside , not looking for huge power just let it breath a little bit better and thats (probably) it...........

Oh and watch out for the idiotic questions of which I am sure I will have plenty ?-)

Reactions: Jake 61 and Sandra
Left foot on the footrest! ;)

DSG's are lovely to drive although being normally aspirated you won't be getting any huge numbers, a milltek front to back makes them sound awesome, check out some MK5 R32 videos on youtube, same engine.

You'll never go back. Especially if you live in a city.

I'm not looking for major power gains , after airfilter and exhaust a remap will be all i'll do , apparently at the grand old age of 53 I have to be a bit sensible ....................

I do live in a built up area but most of my commute is on A roads (in Essex - yeah I know) so looking forward to not limping into the office every morning.

Reactions: Sandra
Here's me thinking you were in NZ with all them empty wild country roads and a V6 under your command :racer:

53 is no reason for being sensible, ask me how I know :smug:

Nah, 53 isn't time to give in at all, that's the time in life when you can play a little.
Nice choice of car, often wondered what the DSG would be like, but I'm happy enough with a manual 3.2. (At 55)...:whistle2:

I came to the UK in 1987.................I've forgotten what real roads are like :rulez:.

Ah ! So there is some hope for me after all .................well for a couple of years yet at least ;-)

Reactions: V6_Man and Jake 61