Who's happy?

liquids3

Reaction score
Just thought i would start a thread to see who is happy with there car,my car is just driving the way it should be,now i know why i spend loads of money on it, have set all of the camber tracking up,sorted a few boost leaks,few new parts,and it is driving better than ever!,i am in love again feels quick handel's amazing,who else is happy with there car?.or what have you done to make it feel fresh??

I hope to be happy with mine soon, bought it 6 months ago and not 3 weeks later the head went it's been off the road since and I have been paying for replacement parts on a near never ending basis, finally I am getting to the end of a long list of things to get fixed so with luck it will be back on the road in the next couple of weeks, though if I had realised just how much I would end up spending on it just to be able to drive it (pretty stock) I would have kept my mk4.

Cars only just starting to feel better, clutch went and had various leaks after remapping but bit by bit it is nearly there now and after a few more things i hope to be in the same position as you again!

£700 on new valves after cambelt idler sheared off and my car is back. The turbo is showing signs of wear apparently though, maybe I'll be getting a hybrid after all...

They are expensive though just think it will be all worth it in the end when your cars sticking to to the road like its on train tracks and your flying down an a road,you will get there,this forum needs to keep peple positive lol!

I'm happy with how it looks but not how it's performing at the moment. My ABS unit decided to flop on me so i have a new one ready to be installed, i have a major boost leak which i can't find so vag com logging and a pressure test will be done soon. After these problems are resolved i'm back to modding with my 3" downpipe to go on and my new Forge FMIC which is on the way!!! :)

Not as much as I should. I'm positive I have a boost leak which I am going to try and sort in the next few days, the heater motor makes a weird noise and I still need to get my fubared locking wheel nut removed somehow. And now theres a squeaky wheel (I'm guessing wheel bearing).

Any chance I can get you to remove the wheel nut by any chance liquids3? I'm in bristol!

Few things need doing... strut tops from an LCR and haldex controller and an indicator lamp from somewhere lol.. when thats all done then a good service, then im happy :D

happier but not completely i want all my bushes done and i keep thinking about a new turbo :(

Im on the verge of happiness lol got a new sump to put on tmz and a good service to do, was goin to get the mobile1 0w30 oil as its fully synthetic and on discount at halfrauds at the moment, any advances on what oil i should go for? And oil filter as i was just gona get a halfrauds one aswel. Then a fmic and then a remap and im sweet as a nut :)

I would find your nearest t.p.s center trade parts supplys,genuine parts but cheeper!

Not as much as I should. I'm positive I have a boost leak which I am going to try and sort in the next few days, the heater motor makes a weird noise and I still need to get my fubared locking wheel nut removed somehow. And now theres a squeaky wheel (I'm guessing wheel bearing).

Any chance I can get you to remove the wheel nut by any chance liquids3? I'm in bristol!
Yea thats fine mate just let me know when you will be in thats fine!,il have alook at the wheel bearing as wel if you like!

Am more than happy....and also on the verge of selling :lmfao: so guess the sadness will appear when the 'ungrateful one' goes.

Im on the verge of happiness lol got a new sump to put on tmz and a good service to do, was goin to get the mobile1 0w30 oil as its fully synthetic and on discount at halfrauds at the moment, any advances on what oil i should go for? And oil filter as i was just gona get a halfrauds one aswel. Then a fmic and then a remap and im sweet as a nut :)

get quantum 5w 30 or 5w 40. £15 or so for 5litres its what audi uses. u can get that from T.P.S as liquid mentioned

Mine is slowly getting there after 10 years! lol OK, it took a sabbatical last year, and I had a replacement that was quite rapid, but mine should be on the same level once I have finished with it!

Mine is slowly getting there after 10 years! lol OK, it took a sabbatical last year, and I had a replacement that was quite rapid, but mine should be on the same level once I have finished with it!

;)

Not to bad with mine need to stick in an uprated cluth and solid flywheel but on the up side will soon have jojos mtms ap coilovers and rear camber bars slapped on at the end off the month:cool:

Much happier since I sorted the CTS, seems to be running sweet lately.

I could do with changing all the oils, getting an annoying dent out of the door after some silly tart let her kid use it as a door stop, and brake fluid change.

Oh and my exhaust seems to be rattling... :sadlike:

Thanks liquid s and dave, dont think the tps place is open on a sunday, and sadley iv got no time in the week. Would the mobile 1 0w30 be ok to use as its in the halfrauds recommended oil book, also on special offer so its cheaper than halfrauds own.

more than happy with my car. its a p reg a4 1.9 tdi it has a tunit box fitted so gives me a smile on my face. it doesn't owe me any money and returns great mpg. Would love to have another land rover though.
I miss off roading.

I'm a happy chappy again now.

My car has been off the road for 3 weeks due to a blown turbo, was really stressed with rounded off bolts and thought I had the wrong turbo once I put it back together,it was the right one in the end. New turbo is unsilenced and the old one was silenced is why I thought it was the wrong turbo.

Finally finished putting it back together yesterday and she is now running a treat. Woop woop woop :D

After driving modded cars for almost 20 years I'm enjoying my std facelift A3 Tsport (must be getting old) that is untill the 256mm rears, 312mm fronts, TT front front wisebones and hubs with LCR 16mm ARB and KW shocks & spring kit go on.

Only have my car since march, a d only have it going the way it should now.
Coils replaced , clutch master cylinder, and a load of hoses replaced, n75 done last week and hey presto! I have a smooth s3.

HAPPY.

Purchased a silicone tip today, so another step towards happiness :)

I'm happy. I've come to the conclusion that at 10.5 years old and 90k she's never going to be a show and shine winner, so I've stopped being paranoid about my S3. Other than consumables, no more mods and fingers crossed I'll get another 3 years out of her making 10 years in total.

Happy with the car owned it for over 2weeks now bits need doing oil service gearbox oil change nd diggs then cambelt then tracking lot off money spent but worth it, got my new forge oo8 good difference, happy with the car stock

s3 rav why did you dislike my post ?, Because my car is stock ?
Think he must have done it buy accident mate!,easily done!,anyway theres more standard s3's on hear than modified so he woul'nt meen it like that!,fair play though looks clean mate

Im happy,
Bought a 1.8T 6 months ago, got it cheap with a couple of little annoying niggles, sorted them all out thanks to this forum and now loving it! Car is now clean, mechanically sound and still feels tight after 140,000.

I had pondered modding but I am investing in building a race car next year so she'll be staying stock and the rear seats will stay folded down - good little workhorse......

This is my 3rd new A3 and to be honest.......................................Its the dogs.........................Dunno what it is but they just stand out from the crowd :o.k: