Help Needed!

Sanj

Blue Beast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I was driving around on the weekend, come to a stop junction to get onto the A406, had to get out pretty quickly as another car was approaching so gave it some beans, hit about 4,500RPM then changed to 2nd and as soon as I put my foot down, i have a complete loss of power, and boost loss.... Checked the pipes and one of the pipes going into the DV had blown off (Pic below):
IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

So I let the car cool down, loosened the jubilee clip, fed the pipe back on as far as it could go, then tightened the clip as much as I could without cutting into the pipe.

Same thing happened again yesterday although I wasnt driving aggressively at all....

Any Ideas whats going on, or how to fix this issue?

Appreciate the advise

Sanj

i'd personally say something blocked/gets blocked and because of the pressure build up it just pushes its self loose............ don't ask what though lol

Is the hose being stretched at all? Is there any oil inside the hose that would make it easier to come off!

There doesnt appear to be any stretching, as when its hanging off, its length is at the same position underneath the DV, as when its on (If that makes any sense!). I did clean the pipe before putting it back on.

Bit Worried at driving long distances now.....

There doesnt appear to be any stretching, as when its hanging off, its length is at the same position underneath the DV, as when its on (If that makes any sense!). I did clean the pipe before putting it back on.

Bit Worried at driving long distances now.....

I've had that pipe come off before on mine but at the charge pipe end and it was due to me not doing up the jubalee clip enough. I'd suggest you try tightening it up a bit more, it'll take a lot to cut the hose so dont worry too much. Failing that try a new clip.

I've had that pipe come off before on mine but at the charge pipe end and it was due to me not doing up the jubalee clip enough. I'd suggest you try tightening it up a bit more, it'll take a lot to cut the hose so dont worry too much. Failing that try a new clip.

Ahh ok cheers will try that, think i have a spare clip about anyways......

New clip ftw... make sure its a decent one though like a JCS Hi-Grip.... blocked or not it shouldn't blow off with a decent clip that tight enough...

<tuffty/>

yeh new clip and u could try the old hairspray trick. clean it up dry then spray a bit of hairspray on the inside of the pipe let it dry slightly (until sticky) then put it on and tighten up properly.

New clip ftw... make sure its a decent one though like a JCS Hi-Grip.... blocked or not it shouldn't blow off with a decent clip that tight enough...

<tuffty/>

Cheers Tuffty, I will look about purchasing one of them.... cant afford to drive around in "limp" mode....

yeh new clip and u could try the old hairspray trick. clean it up dry then spray a bit of hairspray on the inside of the pipe let it dry slightly (until sticky) then put it on and tighten up properly.

Nice one Dave!

<tuffty/>

It blew off again, so im going to get the JCS clip and use the hairspray...

Do you know what size this clip is?

It blew off again, so im going to get the JCS clip and use the hairspray...

Do you know what size this clip is?

its either a size 30 iirc (22-30) or 35 (25-35)... can't remember off the top of my head and not got one fitted to my car else I would have a quick look..

<tuffty/>

its either a size 30 iirc (22-30) or 35 (25-35)... can't remember off the top of my head and not got one fitted to my car else I would have a quick look..

<tuffty/>

no probs, cheers.....

I bought a big assorted bag of the JCS high grips and have been replacing them as and when i can. Not one of those has blown off.....yet!

jcs assorted | eBay

Last edited: