Fitting 112 pcd wheels to s3 with WHEEL SPACERS 57.1 5x100/112 12MM

S3Zek

Reaction score
First hi all, next.. is this a good idea?
Idont want to go for reps so this is the only other way i can go without modifying hubs ect, (that i can think off anyway) to have a set off genuine set of audi rims that i like on the car. im up for it but thing that bothers me is, are they strong enough? really dont want to do a bit of fast road to have a wheel break free and me to go in another direction:ohmy: and the other will they still clear the archers?
it would be a 8.5 inch rim with an et of 29 then these

TPI WHEEL SPACERS 57.1 5x100/112 12MM FOR AUDI A5 (unless anyone else knows of any better ones ;)
so another 12 mm on the offset so the et i guess would be 17??
i know people run 10mm spacers on a 32 offset so to make ( again if im right but prob not lol) 22, only dif of 5 mm,
would reall like to know what you peeps think any input wiuld be greatley appciated :yes:

just coz there not really as good a quality and usually heavier

just coz there not really as good a quality and usually heavier

What wheels are you going for? Thats not my experience and I'm pretty sure most people would agree with that.

Reps or PCD adaptors and spacers, I know which camp I stand in.

Last edited:
My fronts are et12 with spacers 8.5j with 10mm arch roll slamed with 215,35,19,and rears would be fine!,works great no rub!,just depends if you want to put the effort in!,worth it in the end though,go for it!,pm me if you need any advise!

What wheels are you going for? Thats not my experience and I'm pretty sure most people would agree with that.

Reps or PCD adaptors and spacers, I know which camp I stand in.

The wrong one. For e.g. Genuine s4 avus III are better then reps, the same as real bbs ch's in satin black are better then reps. This is just a fact of life

Reactions: Inertiauk
The wrong one. For e.g. Genuine s4 avus III are better then reps, the same as real bbs ch's in satin black are better then reps. This is just a fact of life

Coming from the person who's got "awaiting funds" after every decent modification in his signature I'd have thought you'd be in the replica camp with me?

how do you come to a final offset of ET17? How are you planning on bolting the 5112 wheels onto your 5x100 hubs?

the SPACERS you linked to are just that, spacers, drilled to suit cars with both 5x100 and 5x112. they're not PCD adaptors at all.

Generally, the thinnest PCD adaptors you can get are 20mm, which would put your proposed wheels at ET9 and 8.5J, I think that'd be pretty tight, but not having an S3 I wouldn't take that as a given, I'd ask other people what offsets they've got away with at 8.5J.

PCD adaptors are considered safe I think, otherwise they wouldn't be made and sold by respectable companies.

That said, I wouldn't use them myself on a powerful car

Coming from the person who's got "awaiting funds" after every decent modification in his signature I'd have thought you'd be in the replica camp with me?

Sorry mate just got back from eating my dinner. I say dinner, but I mean dust as i am awaiting funds for dinner. Coming from a man with pre-facelift in his sig, I can see why you are parked firmly in the replica camp.

PCD adapters are perfectly safe if they are hub and wheel centric.

I have been running 15mm front and 20mm rear PCD adapters for a few months now (to run 5x120 CHs).

Sorry mate just got back from eating my dinner. I say dinner, but I mean dust as i am awaiting funds for dinner. Coming from a man with pre-facelift in his sig, I can see why you are parked firmly in the replica camp.

marjorie_dawes.jpg

:friends:

My experience of reps wasn't good - as mentioned by OP, very heavy and buckled relatively easily. I won't buy reps again.

sam what offset and rim size you running?

18x8.5 ET15 rear, ET20 front with 225/40 tyres. No issues and I've had a full car. Here's the ride height:

IMG_0459.jpg

looks sweet:thumbsup:
dose the 18S affect the drive much? cant make my mind up on 18s or 19s.

Cheers. I'm pleased with how it looks and from what I've read on here, 18" is the optimum size.

Spotted jojos mtms:drool:, oh yes they will be mine...oh yes :yes:, saves all the bother, but thank you all for your input :thumbsup: