Bailey or Forge?

hopper

Reaction score
as the title suggests im after a recirc valve and would like your opinions on the above, was there any noise difference and where the best place to get them from. any help appreciated thanks in advance

You won't hear much noise with any recirc valve unless you have fitted an aftermarket air filter/induction kit.

I've never had a Bailey or Forge valve so can't really comment. I run a AmD Viper and have had no problems at all. Some people on hear still run the standard OEM plastic diverter valve and keep a spare in their glove box as they don't last all that long. Stanadard/OEM valve are about £25. An aftermarket valve will be about £70+.

Recirc DV's do not give out much noise, unless mated with a chip and a performance filter, so is a pointless comparisson point really, and actually from changing between a piston (Metal housing) and a standard (Diaphragm with plastic housing) DV the standard is noisier when venting.

If you're going to change your DV and have decided on a piston type the it's purely then deciding based on the bling factor...it's looks, as they are all of almost identical in design anyway.

Rich (RichA3Turbo) can supply you with the Forge at JBR Performance , I think you get discount for being an AS.net member, as for the Bailey I have no idea, but a search of the net will help there.

I used to run a forge DV and it worked fine but didn't seem to operate as quick as the standard bosch unit, so i reverted to standard. The quality of the forge dv was excellent and cant see you having any trouble with them. Their aftermarket service is also very good and they'll even send you replacement pistons and seals when/if they fail - free!

The bosch (factory) doesn't need serviced but can fail. As said carry a spare, They only cost £18, so i can have almost 5 for the price of the piston ones and faster response.