Bailey Fitting?

ayfreetee

Reaction score
Could anyone please give me a quick guide to fitting a Bailey DV 26 valve and what extras I might need to fit it to my A3 1.8T Sport? Thanks.

Is it a atmospheric or recirculating dump valve?

Dont even bother mate, the 1.8t's hate atmospheric, you need a recircualting one as the engine will just frow a bitch fit and run like ****, That is unless your running a aftermarket set-up (ecu etc).

I believe it's down to the ecu thinking there's a boost leak, dont old me to that though. I just know they dont like them, tbh mate my forge 007p sounds amazing, it's a recircualting one but im running a dv coldside relocation kit, large jetex filter and no bonnet lining, it's loud as owt.

The reason they don't like them is that all the air in the charge system has been measured by the MAF so the ECU knows how much air is in the system... calculates how much fuel is needed etc and delivers that fuel to meet the maps AFR request... when an atmos valve is fitted and the air gets dumped rather than recirculated then it causes the fuel mix to go rich and affects the running of the engine and in worse case can cause multiple misfires....

The 1.8t (and all other engines in the VAG range) are designed around a recirculation valve....

<tuffty/>

Knew someone would be able to expalin it better :).

seriously mate don't even try to instal it !! it woud only cause running issues on your car.I experienced it myself as i have one (bought the car with it being already instaled) and can't wait to get rid of it so hopefullly im replacing it next week with forge 007P diverter valve
so save yourself time,money and a lot of trouble by avoiding the bailey valves.

Like said forge 007p or the bailey equivalent the dv30. I have a dv30 with just a panel filter and the noise is quite nice.

I see, thanks for the explination guy's, shame though cos I have a twin piston one from my old RS Turbo gathering dust in my garage.