newbie s3 scottish

thehitman

Reaction score
hey everyone, never had an audi but looking forward to it..
just away tp pick up a 1999 v reg s3..ill put more details and pics up tomoz..
any scottish members near dundee area??

Hello and Welcome to ASN
We have a very good base of members north of the border.

Hows Michaela Strachan doing nowadays ?

how do i upload pics from my hardrive???? haha
anyone?
cheers

how do i upload pics from my hardrive???? haha
anyone?
cheers

Hi, go into the general chat section of the forum and there is a thread in there that tells you how to post pictures.

v_images.php

If you have a lok at the local meets section there a lift of Scottish members, there's a few in Aberdeen.

hey ppl cheers ..
cant seem to get photos up lol put them on photobucket first but not sure what ive done wrong??
im not best at this stuff though ..
anyhows..got the car insured today and its great to drive..never driven any audis before..had loads of cars but never an audi..
i was missin out!! great build quality..really pleased with it..few little issues i have to sort though..
i.e...when sitting idling it goes from 1000 revs for 4 seconds then drops to 500 for a sec?? like its away to cut out but it doesnt??
the central locking doesnt wrk but alarm still works off keyfob..
and the power steering feels very heavy when turning? maybe low fluid or leak??
anyway im having it looked at on monday..
its an imolla yellow one
looks like a twin exit powerflow exhaust
full reiger kit
19s
coilovers iunsure yet really
baileys dump valve i think
been really busy and not had proper look around it yet..
its a 1999 v reg with 114k...history up to 90+k
its in need of a good clean though!!! wont get chance till saturday now with working

if anyone ever in dundee gives a shout..
hopefully once washed ill take more pics and try get them posted lol

hope to meet everyone at a meet or that soon
cheers

Go to the 8L section and ask for a more model relevant opinion on any probs :beerchug:

hopefully tommorrow ill get chance to wash it..whats everyones views so far??? lol

The steering on the S3's is a little heaver than normal i'd say. I found it pretty heavy compared to an A3 of the same year. The power steering fluid is located under the cover that runs uo the left hand side of the engine bay, you need to remove than and i think its a little green cap from memory. If your low on fluid you'll hear a sort of squeeling when your turning, a top-up should sort it!

Welcome to ASN! Lots of Scottish members, as Khufu says heaps from Aberdeen. I'm in Aberdeen, but originally from Fife, so pass by your way quite a lot on the way to see my folks. Enjoy your new S3! :wub: x

why are all the scottish members up north/east! we need more in the south/west lol

cheers everyone...was steering rack and perished pipes..pump had gone too..
got recon pump 95 delivered from fleabay
steering rack for 110 delivered..in excellent condition..or i hope lol its from a 2002...mine is a v plate 99...i have been told this is the right one that will fit though...??
hope so cos bought them now