front locking motor

audia403

Reaction score
has anyone replaced the front locking motor on the convertible a4 03. dealer says it intermitant

My drivers door is not working from the remote, will only lock with the key. Ain't got a clue exactly what part needs changing.

Don't you just love these 1 post users that only register to ask about a problem without introducing themselves properly! I just think it's common courtesy to at least say a 'hello I'm new, I have a problem with my car, can anyone please help?'

very easy fix

Hello fellow Audi drivers, i am the rude person that did not introduce themselves. I am new to this type of forum so my appoligies. The problem I have is the Motor on the Convertible hood at the front which has micro switches to indicate that the roof is locked in place once up.
The question was has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they get it sorted.
Please can someone come to my assistance as is now sunny and i cant get my top off!!!!

well i usaly get the fit ones to get my top off
but for you it would help if it was scanned and a code posted
its prob like you said the micro switch then it would need replaceing
if its the lock then again replace
but with out a code id be stuck to tell you what to change

thanks bez101, not sure if garage ran code, but thy said they removed motor and it ws intermitant. Is this a job I could do myself with little mechanical knowledge?

yes it is but you realy need vcds for scan etc
where do you live