Flash Count!?

quattro81

All the gear.. No idea
Reaction score
Ok, before I start, that says "flash count" not "flash c**t"..

I am about to get a revo stage 1 map put on my 2011 A3 2.0tfsi Q.. I also was going to use my sps key I purchased for my TT so that I can change back to a standard map for when my mrs uses the car, and for when it goes in for servicing..
From what I understand, every time I use the sps key to change the map, it registers on a "flash count" which enables the stealership to see how many times the ecu has been flashed..?
I am in the process of purchasing vcds cable thingy from our lovely Nigel (NHN), and was hoping there was a way of changing the flash count with it so that you cannot tell how many times the map has been changed?
Nigel is not sure, so has anyone tried this or know if this can be done?

the sps doesnt flash the ecu again just changes settings of what already on their so dont think it will register a flash count. you cant reset flash count with vagcom

As above, I was always under the impression it changes a setting, not a full re flash.

Champion! Thanks guys.... It's all starting to make sense now! Lol

I was thinking about a mini disco ball for my rearview mirror.. A la bumblebee in transformers.. But I'm worried I might get flamed by the oem crowd:blink: I can still do it if it cheers your day up mate.....!?:friends:

Does bluefin work in the same way?

I was thinking about a mini disco ball for my rearview mirror.. A la bumblebee in transformers.. But I'm worried I might get flamed by the oem crowd:blink: I can still do it if it cheers your day up mate.....!?:friends:

People spend much too much time worrying about what others might think, I don't, that's why I drive an orange car :whistle2:

If you fancy a disco ball, then you go for it :yum:

Thanks dude.. Lol gotta say tho, solar orange is really popular on here isn't it..!? Everyone has their own style that's for sure, you should see my road legal quad.. It's not particularly subtle, but I love it anyway... In fact, off topic, but here's a pic
ff3c422a.jpg

How's that for a flash count?!

Reactions: orfink
Nice!!!! :hubbahubba: Couple of my old biking buddies are on 4 wheel bikes now and they love them, though I have to admit I much prefer 2 wheels. It took a very radical change of life last year to drag me away from my 180bhp, 250kg beast I can tell you lol :sob: