propshaft bushes. where from?

lukejenks

Reaction score
my front propshaft bush has gone so needs replacing. where do I get these from? also the front dogbone bush, powerflex or genuine?

Powerflex for the dogbone.... Get the red 1 as well... The diesel one

it already has the rear one. bit its yellow. its the front bush where the bolt goes through to the engine

As far as I know Audi is the only place to get anything prop shaft related and I am pretty sure they only do it as a complete prop so if yours is ******** you can look on ebay etc to fine a second hand one...

TT's are shorter (as Welly found out) so you 'can' use the front half of it IIRC but I am sure he will be about later to confirm... Golf R32 would also be a suitable donor as would an A3 quattro

<tuffty/>

me being a fool I thought it was part of the propshaft. its actually the rubber donut

Righty... after having a quick look on VAGCAT (VagCat boards) it seems the doughnuts are listed separately but how accurate that info is I don't know... front doughnut is 1J0521127A, rear doughnut is 1J0521307C

Not sure if that will help but may be a start... tbh the dealers aren't too bad at finding parts once you give the reg number

<tuffty/>

cheers mate. has anyone ever come across the problem that the prop knocks against the powersteering pipe?

I check the engine mounts mate... there should be no reason why the prop will come anywhere near the rack or PS pipes unless its moving too much on the mounts...

<tuffty/>

the front bush on the dogbone is knackered. the donut is split. gonna replace them both

Ah, I suspect the dog bone failure lead to the doughnut failure... bad luck bloke :(

<tuffty/>

are they expensive? my dads a mechanic so labour is free :)

£82 plus vat :( I was looking at the fitting instructions for the lower engine mount bush and there appears to be a bracket the goes between the engine and the mount. mine doesn't have this for some reason , should I be putting one on there?