Automatic Wing Mirrors

HUgradar

Reaction score
HI

I have an A3 S Line Black Edition and wanted to know if it was possible to get my Wing Mirrors changed for the Auto Folding ones and where cost etc??

cost roughly £350 for the motors and then you'll need to get someone to fit...iirc NHN off here has a pair of auto dimming folding mirrors hes selling complete, best pm him as he had them nly a week ago

cant find iirc NHN ...
is that spelling correct?

if i buy the motors, do i also need new mirrors?

His username is just NHN not iirc NHN. Names Nigel really helpful guy. Would love to do this mod but quite a high cost I'm just going to use the money to retrim most parts in alcantara I think!

Am Thinking Of That Mod and to set the DVD and everything up

Have you got the same as me?

A3 S Line Black Edition 2010 2.0 TDI

HU if you buy from the dealer the base plates are as said and should just be a straight replace where you'll need to use your existing mirrors....Nigel has a set of S3 mirrors fully built with dimming facility too...... obviously gonna be more expensive than the £350 but you'll have your mirrors to sell afterwards.... minimal cost is £350 plus fitting

oh so if i want i can use my existing mirrors or change them ?

cheers i will look into this
need to find a good fitter

not as expensive as i first thought

na its not too bad mate, theres normally other issues regards door controllers but with yours being a 2010, id imagine you'll be fine

based on the theory rthat mine are fine on a 2009 car....check out stoke audi section on here, i asked them to provide me part numbers recently for dimming and none dimming units....you can then give them a call to confirm no.s n price

Mine are currently Dimming Mirrors as well

I just Rang Blackburn Audi and said they dont have any Retro Fits or even have the option for it on the system

I asked for the Base Unit (as suggested above)
and he said does it currently have them on ...

said no

and he said he cant order them .. system dont have it on etc...

Mine are currently Dimming Mirrors as well

I just Rang Blackburn Audi and said they dont have any Retro Fits or even have the option for it on the system

I asked for the Base Unit (as suggested above)
and he said does it currently have them on ...

said no

and he said he cant order them .. system dont have it on etc...

If there anything like VW are there quite funny about selling stuff which isnt originally on a particular model... its usuaully a case of "computer says No..."

best way around this is to find a model with it on and use that reg etc. a lot of the time the people on the parts desk dont have a clue!

Yeah but by Selling Parts they make money so why would they not want to sell parts!

i think its more a case they cant be bothered looking,

normally happens with US spec stuff, they can get it pretty easily if they know where to look, but a lot of them think your wierd for wanting to put US spec stuff on or dont know the difference,

****** idiots

well if anyone has any ideas of where i can 100% get em from please let me know

in the mean time i will try local Audi Dealers

Just Spoke to Bolton Audi who first did not agree that it could be done then after looking into it came back with this Price

Need to base Units and 2 motors : £671
plus £600 labour! 2 hours on each door £150 a Door!

they need to put a switch in the door or something aswell!

i was close too laughing !

any ideas where i can get it cheaper

like the £350 mentioned above :)

mate ring stoke Audi....the dimming units might be a touch more but stoke audi off here will almost certainly undercut every dealer in the UK...and they wont put up a barrier to you buying the items

and yup i never priced the new door button, that wont be much over £100 i cant imagine

Just Rang em they said it is something they have supplied in the past but dont any more
but its in region of £800
same as Bolton then

Is there any way of operating the folding mirror function other than the manual switch on the drivers door?

probably but then you need to ascertain which wire does what, then id imagine a curve ball such as irregular voltages and unwanted error codes knowing these cars......best to source the button

grader...thats weird cos they supplied me with the part numbers only recently, cant imagine they'd have done that to tell me they cant supply

probably but then you need to ascertain which wire does what, then id imagine a curve ball such as irregular voltages and unwanted error codes knowing these cars......best to source the button

grader...thats weird cos they supplied me with the part numbers only recently, cant imagine they'd have done that to tell me they cant supply

yup he spoke to his manager or something who came back with that reply..

Cheers animal - already got the standard set up on the S3. Just wondering if I was missing a trick with people operating them under locking from the key fob or something similar!

two things there then i think either they really have stopped supplying, or they dont want to supply incase they are wrong as they will be order items which means they cant give you a refund...therefore inviting complaints if they are wrong

Davey na mate, theres only one way to do that and thats by NHN's self designed circuit which is very much in demand, dont know what the requirment is for a full circuit tho