Spacers for standard 18" S Line alloys

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
I'd like to push out the standard wheels, but not so far that they rub in the arches.

Which spacers do you guys recommend, and how far can I push them out?

Thanks

I think people are using H&R spacers @ 10 mm on the rear
I may be wrong ?

Is that 10mm on each side? When looking at the 10mm kits, they are actually 2 x 5mm spacers.
So should I be looking at the 20mm kits?

Depends on the wheels and if you're lowered. Most tend to go for 12mm on the rear with standard fit wheels and have no problems even when lowered

And what about on the front?

a lot of people including my self are running 10s front & 12s rear, thats on standard rims and a drop with no rubbing, i think you can go up to 15s at the rear with no drop and no rubbing but i could be wrong, mines and S3 so will be a lot lower so you should be fine

a lot of people including my self are running 10s front & 12s rear, thats on standard rims and a drop with no rubbing, i think you can go up to 15s at the rear with no drop and no rubbing but i could be wrong, mines and S3 so will be a lot lower so you should be fine
When fitting spacers to the rear only would this effect handling at all?

I was running 10mm H and R Spacers on the Front (That's 10mm a side) and 15mm on the rear with no rubbing unless the car was fully loaded (3 people in back) and even then that was only on large bumps you can prevent this if you remove 1 screw from each side of the wheel arch lining. I think the 10 - 15 set up was perfect the only reason I took mine off was I've just bought some wider alloys.

IS the handling unaffected when pushed hard with a wider track at the rear? Also was that on an s3? cheers

it shouldnt adversely effect the handling even with only going wider just at the back, but visually its best to do both with a 2mm wider set at the back compared to the front

Do u think 11's would be ok all round? ive seen some forge ones that look good...

I was running 10mm H and R Spacers on the Front (That's 10mm a side) and 15mm on the rear with no rubbing unless the car was fully loaded (3 people in back) and even then that was only on large bumps you can prevent this if you remove 1 screw from each side of the wheel arch lining. I think the 10 - 15 set up was perfect the only reason I took mine off was I've just bought some wider alloys.
On mine now!! ;-)

Do u think 11's would be ok all round? ive seen some forge ones that look good...

should look good, thats in-between what ive got on mine so you shouldnt have any issues, ideally you would go a little larger at the back compared to the front as the back is 2mm per side narrower then the front... but i dont know of anyone that could spot 2mm by eye lol

Forged ones are good, H&R ones cracked twice on mine, I've now got custom spacers! Shall be fitting in the week...

Last edited: