Strapping idea

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I bought one of theses Veho VCC-A001 Extreme Sports Pack kit for Muvi DV on eBay (end time 27-Feb-11 15:55:14 GMT) for shits in giggles.
I'm trying to think of the best way and place to strap it to the car.

Obviously sticky tape is out of the question on paint work, I did think about strapping it to the roof rails, aerial or bumper grills. I'm not sure how much vibrations that will cause or if cable ties will hold it.
Would like to tie it in side the front wheel arches and get some suspension movement vids but unsure where to strap it or if it would get crushed.

Just wondering if any one has got something like this and films them driving or track days?

I might strap it to my dogs. lol

ah ha, my bro has got a contour HD action cam...

So far we have strapped it to dogs and my powerkite! It looks so awesome!

My bros had a suction cup so we were considering sucking it onto the front bumper, although its alot of money if it falls off.

I will try get some vids up

Sweet. get the vids up.

The only suction cap I got is from satnav. lol

I dont mind losing it cause its only £10 bout i'd rather not. lol

haha just spent the best part of an hour finding, editing and uploading this vid- so you better be grateful :p

But now it seems disapointing, so i added some music to make it more intresting. You may recognise the music, from sample music provided by bill gates himself.

been meaning to get out and do some car vids

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha.
That's great.
I just tried it with my dog but he's a bit to happy about having on him and just jumps around a lot. Lol

The car is on the ramps this weekend so ill take look at some underside places to strap it.

Sweet. get the vids up.

The only suction cap I got is from satnav. lol

I dont mind losing it cause its only £10 bout i'd rather not. lol

Looking at the eBay auction, that item is only for the mounting bracket for the camera. The Muvi camera itself is £40-50 on top. Thought £10 was too cheap...

Cheers,

Looking at the eBay auction, that item is only for the mounting bracket for the camera. The Muvi camera itself is £40-50 on top. Thought £10 was too cheap...

Cheers,

Wrong link.
The chinese nock off camera is about £10.
Search Mini DV camera and loads will turn up.
Its not as good as the Muvi Camera it self but it does the job for a bit of fun.