Stage 2+ S3 8P without Intake

Dazzeroo

Reaction score
Hi, my car is in Motorwerks in Aberdeen today getting Stage 2+, however their supplier has not yet delivered the Dbilas intake. Apparently my car will still be ok to run until it comes in...what do you guys think?

Thanks

Hi....I can give you some firsthand experience on this!

We tried this on mine with the idea of keeping the underbonnet area looking stock,and gained a persistent high rpm misfire as a result.

The cause was tracked down to the stock system strangling airflow at peak rpm and causing the ECU to pull back,so the answer is yes,it will run,but it may well throw up a lot of misfire errors until you get a proper induction kit,and given the choice now,I would recommend the ITG.

I know you've mentioned dbilas there,but the ITG is quiet,very well made,and flows enough air for 500bhp.

Last edited:
Possibly, but wouldnt be giving it beans as you wont be getting enough flow through. Didnt you fancy a forge cai? You could have one fitted pretty quickly.

Just as l was posting. Cheers Alex.:rock:

Cheers dc....take care.

That misfire was a real pain with mine as we logged all sorts of things and couldn't track it down until the intake was changed for a Forge....problem solved instantly!

Last edited:
Daz i'm not far from you and have a ITG intake for sale, boxed up waiting for you :)
100_1169_2.jpg

Santa also brought me one of these but I'm tempted not to fit and sell on if anyone is interested?

I've got revo stage 1 with Milltek TBE and the car pulls and runs great. I'm not too keen on changing up to stage 2 with potential clutch issues, etc.

Any takers drop me a PM. As I said its new and not even been taken out of the box.

Ok so stage 2+ fitted and.....my clutch is slipping in 3rd and 4th...and that is without the dbilas intake fitted...

Luckily I bought the Sachs clutch...question though, will I need a replacement flywheel also?

The clutch hasnt slipped before so am hoping the flywheel will be ok.

Gutted though!

Ok so stage 2+ fitted and.....my clutch is slipping in 3rd and 4th...and that is without the dbilas intake fitted...

Luckily I bought the Sachs clutch...question though, will I need a replacement flywheel also?

The clutch hasnt slipped before so am hoping the flywheel will be ok.

Gutted though!

I would replace the lot.Im getting my clutch and flywheel done next week ready for stage 2+.

I didnt think the dbilas induction flowed enough air for stage 2 maps nevermind stage 2+,i thought there had been a few people down at stattler in the past who were suffering for miss-fires and general poor running because of this issue,i would also recommend fitting the flywheel as if its not right with just the clutch its extra work and cost pulling it all apart again

This is what you need! Its the DMF that is the problem with them.

Original Clutch and Flywheel (DMF) with slave cylinder for all 2.0 TFSI VAG cars. Bought new for £700 and has never been fitted. £500 delivered.
DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00262.jpg