my a3, trying to mke it a 1 off haha

Good stuff for a budget project,keep up the good work :icon_thumright:

cheers :)

doing sanding nd fillering as we speak nightmare job

and my phones funking died :( ttwatters haha

but my show plates turned up will try get pic of mates camera soon

Would of thought you would have had 225's on the rears thats what i had on my 10's wen i had them on my a3.

Also what most of the boya over on edition 38 run.
The camber shims will help alot though

thank, was bit mesy at ud had to rush some of it

camber shims still havent been put on :(

and one the rear tyres go ill begoing for bout 245 35 or 235 35 as i dnt want too mutch stretch cause ive flared my arches a decent ammount

hmm aint updated in a while tbh ha :/

well gt it ready ish fr ud, but was not happy with it as it was rushed bonet was a state and so was frnt nd rear bumper, cdnt get the shims on in time and the lowering mounts :/

but gt some attention people allways tlking to me about it so was good lil boost in cofidance,, so now yet again i have gone overhaul mode to try get a better result

heres this week ends progress

dsc00610.jpg

fibreglassing so no crack wen smoothed
dsc00611.jpg

gutting to allow space for a ....
dsc00612.jpg

smoothing process long and dusty
dsc00613.jpg

firbreglaseeed and first stage filler on frnt
dsc00614.jpg

ohh cant frget this, gt boared of beinglet down by my bonet so its now fully wrapped in letaher ah :) **** scene haha
dsc00615.jpg

other cards on table is an FMIC, shims, top mounts, and interior,,nd fewother lil bits nd bobs to do by all types

hmm aint updated in a while tbh ha :/

well gt it ready ish fr ud, but was not happy with it as it was rushed bonet was a state and so was frnt nd rear bumper, cdnt get the shims on in time and the lowering mounts :/

but gt some attention people allways tlking to me about it so was good lil boost in cofidance,, so now yet again i have gone overhaul mode to try get a better result

heres this week ends progress

dsc00610.jpg

fibreglassing so no crack wen smoothed
dsc00611.jpg

gutting to allow space for a ....
dsc00612.jpg

smoothing process long and dusty
dsc00613.jpg

firbreglaseeed and first stage filler on frnt
dsc00614.jpg

ohh cant frget this, gt boared of beinglet down by my bonet so its now fully wrapped in letaher ah :) **** scene haha
dsc00615.jpg

other cards on table is an FMIC, shims, top mounts, and interior,,nd fewother lil bits nd bobs to do by all types

Awesome, love the bonnet, kinda reminds me of a Astra I had awhile ago, I did it in chalkboard black, lights black, wheels black, lots of smoothing, hidden exhaust etc.

cheers,, gt few other bits to do,,,wel alot actually, plus srt f need to strt on my mk2 haha

look really good mate. can you tell me more about the lowered top mounts? do they lower it by a certain amount? and if so where can i get them from for my s3

umm u can buy actuall lowering top mounts sumwere on the internet,,technique im using is

you buy polo 6n2 top mounts and also the strut stop tht u see in the engine bac above teh turret (metal plate last part os suspension)

its perfectly safe, bearings are same ect, rubber is tough as nails,,,so u gain about 20-15 mm lowering ,,,, their 15 quid each much cheaper thn the 90 quid they ask fr the actuall lowering ones

havent put the camber shims on yet, ive wrapped my bonet in leather (full bonnet)

car atm is up for sale or swaps but dunno yet, i like t but want a chnge :/

ye cdnt think of a better place to plonk the ****** thing :p

ye i gt tint fr the lights just aint gt round too it yet :p

but maybee next week ill have another car all depends now :(

another lil pre all types update,,,big job broke out sum more haha :)

currently....at the rhys davies brain...
dsc00710.jpg

gone another inch lower in the back due to the flared bumper
dsc00711.jpg

bumper is now flared out flush with the arch,,,,arch is also flared from a higher point now like s3 arches, bumpers fibreglassed and secured via aliminium brackets now and smoothed in with filler

dsc00610.jpg

my boot install modified again,,, tools now kept in side compartment,, floor raised for bmw biscut wheel :) acompanied by 10inch sub a pioneer gold plated conection amp and 12 cd disc changer,, the base is much better quality now spread through out the car loving it atm :)

dsc00712.jpg

this is how it stands at the moment

so this weekends list is....
helper springs out of front
roll front arches
paint calipers
fill, smooth and paint rear arches
touch up paint
polish then tint frnt lights
paint nd smooth frnt and rear bumper
deep wax on alloys ready for all types
polish inlet manifold and exhaust tip
rear camber shims to be fitted and then adjust height

hope to see alot of you at all types should be an amazing weekend :)

little update now
some alltype shots
15052010.jpg
14052011.jpg

dsc06310.jpg

i actually have a job now so i can start doing things properly haha

Still looking great, looks alot better now with the front lights tinted.

thanks,,should have a decent update on the performance in about a month or 2 :)

debating now on getting some side skirts, nothing ottt just summat tht will mke it look bit lower nd still need to get the ****** camber shims on lol :p

That looks mean as dude. would look better with black rings in the grill me thinks:think:

cheers ,, no idea what im doing with the front grill and front bumper tbh or the rear haha,,,im undesisive lmao

but plans for next month is,,,,

fmic
3 inch downpipe joinging up to the rest of my 3 inch system
heavier rear springs
and also i will be prepping the body work again as it will be going gloss white i believe

and also some good news my turbos a ko3s :) as it has 8 blades :)

litle updates again,, decent ones begin next month i think lol

sam_3117.jpg

sam_3118.jpg
sam_3119.jpg

sam_3120.jpg

dsc00713.jpg

dsc00714.jpg

cabin filter fail lol

bonets gone fr a rat look till i can source new bonet

Awesome thread, can't wait to see where this goes.

Makes me wanna go matte!!!

ye i got **** loads planned but tis currently for sale in need of a dirty diuirty a4 diesel ha,, heres a lil update

umm just another update, keep fiddling with it even though im trying to sell it haha

27828810.jpg

12072010.jpg

12072011.jpg

12072012.jpg

will be painting some parts satin aswell, any opinions?

Cool mate. Thinking of doing mine aswell as its a state and needs done. What material did you use??? Where from? Much? Did you just glue it?

Cheers.

Great thread this, matey. Really enjoyed reading through it and seeing all your progress. Love the matte paint and the wheels especially, though it's all pretty sweet TBH! Shame you're selling now, but needs must. All the best!

thanks ye, real guted to sell it as id love to clean it up nd squeeeze some power out of it ha

umm i used faux red suade off ebay, and paid 33 quid including delivery for a roll 5x1.75m,, its the taiwan company off ebay they do many colors, well chuffed with its quality only problem is that deliverys bout 15-23 days ish

You don't mess about, I am liking this project a lot am liking those alloys a lot.

You had it wrapped or you painted it? Looks good, need some more pics.

i wdnt chnge the alloys on this car ever unless their some wide 18s nd a decent arb

umm painted myself,,again,,but this time with celulouse paint in a gun :) its flat white atm, but will be gloss in a month ish, just done it quick fr the show on sunday ha

no progress :( cars in winter mode atm bmw m3 winters 18s 225 proxys all round :) and **** ends lowerd another 1.5 inches exhausts clippin everything ha mkes me giggle tbh

should be decated this week hopefully,, and going to try get the bonet painted aswell

23092010.jpg

23092011.jpg

23092012.jpg

love this thread and will be keeping a close eye on this good work mate!!