Boot lid trim removal on A3 1.8T Sport W Reg 2000

beanyboy

Reaction score
Hi, i have to replace the two small clips in the trim on the boot lid that the parcel shelf strings clip onto and wondered if anyone knew how to take the trim off please?? Thanks

I never figured it out and rather than buying replacement clips (both were broken when I bought the car) I just used some M5 nuts and bolts, heated the plastic hole then wedge the head of the bolt in, put a single nut to stop it falling through under the trim. Then drill a small hole in each of the clips that can then slide over the bolt, the thread holds it in place but you can easily take them off to remove parcel shelf etc.

It's worked perfectly and doesnt stand out too much.

Last edited:
Hi, i have to replace the two small clips in the trim on the boot lid that the parcel shelf strings clip onto and wondered if anyone knew how to take the trim off please?? Thanks

I did the right side one last year, pretty easy job, iirc you have to remove all visible screws securing the lower panel because that prevents the side panels from being removed, the side panels along with the main lower panel are held in with triangular metal clips, you have to be quite brutal to remove the panels and they may sound like there going to break but if you take your time and be careful you should be alright...