Indicators Stopped Working :(

PEZ1

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone may be able to give me any thoughts/suggestions..

My indicators have decided to pack up all together this weekend. Noticed few days since that I had put indicators on a couple of times, and they hadn't seemed to do anything but taking off, and putting back on again and flashed again all ok. I wasn't sure if I was just imagining things lol.

Then yesterday they just went haywire. Put indicator into postion, and they seemed to flash far too quickly, then stop then come back on again :think: Now all i get is one very breif flash when putting into position, but once in position, nothing.

Do they have a relay controling the indicator stalk? Or is it just built into the stalk?

Any help appreciated.

I think there is a relay which is a common failure - i'm sure someone will post something more specific but take a look through all the recent threads as someone had the same problem late last week

Best of luck

Chris

The stalk will control a relay.
For the A4 B5s, the Relay is part of the hazard switch.
I'd take a look at fitting a known working relay and see if that helps.
Or plug in VCDS if you got a copy or know of any one who can do it for you.

Thanks for the replies people :thumbsup:

The hazard switch seems to work fine, but could that still be the case?

Cheers people much appreciated!

I'm now in the boat of having to try and get hold of one one! There's a few listed on ebay from a 2000 A3 (mine's a 2001), the part numbers match but just the letter on the end differant so im slightly worried it may not fit? It's half price compared to 40+vat been quoted at dealers tho so i'm not sure if to take the risk!