coming/leaving home question

Vex

Reaction score
hi all I have a little problem on my 08 A3 cabio and I was wondering if you can help me with the C/L home func., when I unlock my car the headlights come on and when I open the drivers door they go off and when I start the car they come on again, it also happens when I turn off the car (the lights are on "auto") and the headlights come off and when I open the drivers door they come on again, so stupid... so does anybody know how to fix that?

and also does anybody know how to program on vag-com that my light switch is on headlights and it doesn't make a sound when I turn the ignition off?

thanks all, hope you understand me :D

That's what coming/leaving home lights are supposed to do isn't it ? Lights the way to your house when coming home and lights your way to the car on leaving home ! Or am I being thick again ?!!!

When you start the car and they come on again that's the Daylight Running Lights in operation.

Can all be changed with VCDS (not vagcom anymore ).

Don't know what you mean about " it doesn't make a sound when you turn the ignition off " Sorry

i think he means when the lights on buzzer , but as said they are working fine i think , yes they are the daytime running lights as said

Fix what, this is the whole point of the systems you're mentioning, if you dont like ch/lh just turn them of with the button below the headlight switch or in your DIS.

Buzzer only comes on when you have left it in the headlights on position & if you left an indicator on when taking key out & opening the door iirc, buzzer shouldnt come on when in auto position with ch/lh enabled unless indicator was left on.

Last edited:
as stated above all is functioning the warning noise is the indicator, you could code your car to turn on the fogs as comming home lights instead of the headlights if this helps?

That function doenst work though Phil & doesnt disable headlights either, its crap tbh as my S4 B6 lit fogs & this was perfect for ch/lh.

didnt know had the fogs on my a3 didnt realise it was overriden in the facelift, im happy with the headlights comming on just need to shorten the duration next time i plugin, along with adding teh drl dim, oh and did you get all the info you need on the facelift, feel free to call me at work tomorrow if you need to

1 sec, you saying your setup actually does allow the fog lights to be used as the ch/lh system & disables headlights?

Reason I ask is your CE is same as mine I think P version, so effectively it should work unless the headlights & levelling module make the difference on the BUS.

ill let you know as soon as my new controller comes ill give the fog coding a try too, got a few things to switch around like durations and to stop the 1 door unlock and set it to all doors, i think it should be fine with out ce unit mate but like i said ill try

no you got me all wrong, it works just fine, but It bothers me that the healights come on and off when I open or close the drivers door, for example on a GTI the headlights are on all the time and there is no buzzer when the switch is on the function headlights... that's what I want :D

Do the lights only come on & off at low light/night time conditions, if so then this is correct so I cant see what your issue is, when you open the door to get out then it lights your frontal area, when you open the door to get in then it turns them of, reason being xenons eat battery juice, thus they want to conserve the battery.

Also on the 8P the buzzer shouldnt/doesnt go off when its using CH/LH, so if yours does then there is obviously an issue, which maybe your operations of the features, are you leaving the headlight switch in the auto position, is the CH/LH button illuminated?

no it happens all the time, well I don't want the xenon to go on and off all the time, that's why... :)

Do you have to have the auto lights option to have coming/leaving home lights?

Please take a pic of your headlight switch & windscreen/mirror & post on here to save the mysteries, as we could go round in circles with this getting nowhere & was this a new car or 2nd user, as thinking maybe someome has done some form of the CH/LH mod which would activate the lights day/night as you maybe dont have the light sensor.

just a wee update nige, after attacking the bucket list i have an f ce module O_O i know cant belive f is high end enough anywhoo i can put the fogs on but the second you go adaptive like me my ce wont wistand the coding to remove the dis error (ill describe in the other thread)

Ye as atm its spread across 3 threads mate lmfao.

ok, 1. question, can you deactivate the drivers door so that the coming/leaving home lights don't go on and off when you open the drivers door?
2. question when the light swith is on the headlights can you make that the buzzer doesn't sound?
thanks all for your time to help me I apreciate it :)

Can you post the mirror pics as requested please & headlights, before we try to help further.

Can you post the mirror pics as requested please & headlights, before we try to help further.

why do you need that? mirrors are standard, and headlights are xenon's :D

Vex - I don't wish to interfere with your posts, and I don't know any answers to your problem, but might I suggest that the guy helping you knows just about all there is to know about these problems and wouldn't ask you for additional information without good reason.

If you wish to benefit from his further help ( and anyone else's help ) please do as he asks otherwise you will not get sorted. !

why do you need that? mirrors are standard, and headlights are xenon's :D

Ok let me put it another way, would you like us to try & help you or shall we speculate all day long.

Please provide whats been asked, if you cant find the time or find its not neccessary, then sorry but I & no doubt others cant assist any further.

If I'm reading this right it sounds like what you are trying to do can be achieved by simply turning the Auto lights off?!

Actually its not quite that simple as he seems to indicate the buzzer is going of when on auto lights & ch/lh is on, which it shouldnt, so we 1st need to determine whats fitted & then we can work out if its a fault with modules, coding or user negligence.

I've had auto lights on 3 audi's now including 2 8p's currently & fitted to others & buzzer never comes on when auto lights are on or when ch/lh is enabled, so its contradicting the features normal functions, but as the user is kinda lacking in providing proper answers, then how can we possibly know whats right or wrong in his usage of these features.

Vex - I don't wish to interfere with your posts, and I don't know any answers to your problem, but might I suggest that the guy helping you knows just about all there is to know about these problems and wouldn't ask you for additional information without good reason.

If you wish to benefit from his further help ( and anyone else's help ) please do as he asks otherwise you will not get sorted. !

now what, I answered his question...
my problem is not with the "auto" it's with the farest right switch (headlights) like I decribed it at the beginning but I can't make a good sentence in english so you all missunderstood me :)

I didn't have time to take pics, but I will take them in the morning and post them here, do be angry with me guys, just have a hard time expressing myself :unsure: :blush:
cheers :blackrs4:

Last edited:
Now I understand your question, but please 1st tell me your not being serious with these queries, is this your 1st car?

croatia...
2nhn: I don't understand you, I was just wondering can you do that with the vag-com, what's so funny with that? no that's not my first car :)

No picture of the rear view mirror then, as asked now several times.

Bttt, reason why I laugh is, you're asking us tbh something a little stupid, you want to get rid of the buzz noise when you leave your lights on when taking key out of ignition, thats what I read now anyway, you do realise the battery will die fairly quickly if you do this, headlights on warning buzz have been on cars for many many years for that exact reason probably before you were born, why the hell would you want to disable this function as its protects you from a dead battery, hence no battery no car starts, do you understand now or still not?

Also, why dont you just stick the light switch in the auto position & leave it there, that will then turn the lights on & off depending on the brightness of the day & then you wont get the buzzing noise, thats the reason why they call them AUTO LIGHTS.

I will say this, if you didnt understand this before, then kinda makes me wonder why you got a car with these features.

Sorry if you dont like the way things are explained, but you really need to think more before asking as the questions do seem a little silly, no offense. :)

The switch that you have photographed is the switch to adjust the electric mirrors !

If you turn it to the right and fiddle with the knob (push away, pull towards etc.) you will adjust the position of the drivers side mirror (on a right hand drive car ). Turn to the left and it does the other one.

As yours is left hand drive they work the other way round.

That switch has nothing to do with the lights !

He means the mirror on your windshield. That's the "rearview mirror". The switches you refer to adjust the "wing mirrors", not the "rearview mirror"

1 sec, you saying your setup actually does allow the fog lights to be used as the ch/lh system & disables headlights?

Reason I ask is your CE is same as mine I think P version, so effectively it should work unless the headlights & levelling module make the difference on the BUS.

Nige, my MY07 car with factory CH/LH used the xenons. My MY10 car uses the fog lights not the xenons.

I already sent you screen shots of my CE long coding from VCDS.

Nige, my MY07 car with factory CH/LH used the xenons. My MY10 car uses the fog lights not the xenons.

Yeah my new one uses the LED DRLs and fogs. Looks awesome tbh :) Maybe it'll even be a bit more obvious what's going on and I won't get as many people telling me I've left my lights on (oh if I had a quid for every time that's happened!)

Do you think thats what this was shown up in the CE long coding, but didnt seem to do squat

LC,23,5,Coming-Home Logic (0 = Old / 1 = New)

hahahahahaha I didn't understand the rearview mirror, that's why I asked why you need the pics haha my bad...
NHN: you think I'm stupid for the buzzer, I know it's there for ages to warn you that the lights are on doh I want the lights to go off *** well...
never mind all thanks for your time...
bye

Is your name Forest by any chance?