RNS-E MY10 issue

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I recenly bought a RNS-E 2010 model but with no activation code, what can i do in order to unlock the unit?

Thank you!

if it's a new one then it doesn't need one.

if it's a used one the seller should have it - if he doesn't then you should be asking some questions about where he got it from

then it should be with the car? ask the seller to get ahold of it.

no idea if there's a way to hack it or not - i'm sure someone else can tell you

i know of this unit i had not enough cash due to upcomming deals or it would have been mine, anyway its nnot hard to get running you need to get the code from audi have the unit and money at hand i think youll be about 30 quid and they will ask for the serial number and give you the code

yea give audi a call tomorrow, they should be able to do this no problem

i know of this unit i had not enough cash due to upcomming deals or it would have been mine, anyway its nnot hard to get running you need to get the code from audi have the unit and money at hand i think youll be about 30 quid and they will ask for the serial number and give you the code

Is it the one that went for about £600 a week or so back? I looked too, but it was a bit too cheap so I never went for it.

... surely Audi wouldn't give up the code so easily. they already claim that the unit isn't retrofittable and there's an obvious security issue here

they give it up easily why not tbh theyre getting money just for reading a database

they give it up easily why not tbh theyre getting money just for reading a database

The security code is supposed to be just that, an anti theft measure. At the moment if thieves know they can steal a unit and just a quick call to Audi will suffice to obtain the code I can see how that kind of makes a mockery of the whole idea?

then it should be with the car? ask the seller to get ahold of it.

no idea if there's a way to hack it or not - i'm sure someone else can tell you

No hack & why would it come with the car now if it remembers the last vin therefore no code needed, user would never need the code in audi's eyes, which to me makes perfect sense.

... surely Audi wouldn't give up the code so easily. they already claim that the unit isn't retrofittable and there's an obvious security issue here

Depends how well they know you tbh, I can get codes for my radios anytime, but I've only ever needed to do this once when I tested mine in the missus sb & forgot didnt have it, but didnt cost me anything.

OK guys thanks for the info so what can i do in this case? How can i find out the code and how can i hack it?

No hack & why would it come with the car now if it remembers the last vin therefore no code needed, user would never need the code in audi's eyes, which to me makes perfect sense.

fair point well made

OK guys thanks for the info so what can i do in this case? How can i find out the code and how can i hack it?

Didnt we just answer that already or did I dream it????

I understand that there is no hack so you are tellimg me that there is nothing i can do with this unit if i don't have the security code?

How can i find out the code and how can i hack it?

I understand that there is no hack so you are tellimg me that there is nothing i can do with this unit if i don't have the security code?
So the goto your dealer advice didnt help at all, try reading the thread again please, as not going to keep repeating whats already been advised a number of times.

The code does not come with the car when the RNSe is factory fitted.

already done that he doesn't have it.

:think:Hmmm I wonder why...
I think the less likely people are to buy these untis off ebay, the less of a market there is for people getting their cars stolen and hacked to bits.
Say no to dodgy ebay buys people!!

Well I spoke to my local dealer today and they say they recode stereos free of charge?

They said, obviously it would be easier if you had the code, but if not they just need to plug the car into Germany to retreive it.