Will the Devil Eye DRL LED headlight fit my B7 Cab??

88mu88

Reaction score
I wanted to change the headlight of my B7 cabriolet to the new LED version. Im sure everyone has seen this on the net or heard of it. Is this headlight designed just for the sedan or avant version? Does it also fit a B7 cabriolet? Is there a shape difference of the cabriolet headlight? Thanks in advance!

PS Since we are at this compatibility question, does a sedan front bumper( body kit) fit a cabriolet?

Hi, I've just fitted devil eyed led headlights to my 57reg 2.0T sport cabriolet, they fit fine although they are a bit of a job to fit, the whole of the front grill, bumber and engine under tray has to come off. When i get a chance i'll post some photos.

These are the ones I fitted.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390170676403

How much does it cost you all up for labour to fit? Im looking at the same headlight design but from another seller, dilemma between the chrome or black housing, ive got a silver car, what you guys think?

These actually look pretty credible compared to some of the DIY disasters I've seen stuck to the front of cars lately. I like.

* Do you have any pictures of them fitted to your car?
* Did you have any error code problems?
* In the pictures they look a bit yellow. Are they or are they more white/blue?

Thanks. I'm tempted by these. What's the general consensus on these. Would I be a laughing stock to drivers of Audis with real DRLs? Like my neighbour. Or do they look OEM enough to fit in? Hmmm.....

Since seeing this I've seen some awesome ones in a video on utube which seem a bit closer to the shape of the LED strip on the B8 A4.
YouTube - AUDI A4 2006 (B7) - LED - HEADLIGHTS - TAIL LIGHTS

From what I read below the video I think it's the ones in the link below...
Audi 05-08 A4 B7 LED DRL Devil Eye Black Projector Headlight CarGym.com

They are expensive but might be worth it. I might have to sell my dog to buy these :)

Closer to home I've found a German web site with plenty of B7 DRL options. I'm trying to work out if the ones in the link below are the same as those from CarGym. Thoughts? The ones from Germany are much cheaper.
Dectane - DAYLINE Scheinwerfer AUDI A4 B7 04-08 _ TFL-Optik _ black

Last edited:
me i am feeling them led drl devil eyes. I will get them as well . As i like the cargym ones but these are pretty much the same and closer for me to intems of shipping . what is my question ,when u buy these do u need to get a xexon kit with bulbs to get the full xexon look or they come with everything built in with bulbs. i will hate to know i spend so much money and still need to upgrade the bulbs. could some one enlighten me on what next if buying these headlight from germany.

I've gone off these as I see quite a few Audi's with them on. If I was to get LED's I'd go with Phil's over on Audizine, much brighter and alot better than any other's I have seen.

Still, I'm probably not going to go that route, I might go with a single angel eye in each lens, just can't make up my mind.

ok, cool, Wrath do you have pics of the Phil`s light on audizine site. as am confused and not sure what to go for yet myself. but i like the led look tho .

I had the halogen headlight so if I just put the strip of led in it still won't look good. I wish I could change the led in the devil light to make them brighter if they are off. Is that possible anyone. I've read before that you can't open the housing?

You can open the housing and this is what I'll do if I go for the angel eye, you put the headlight in a low temperature in the oven and this will warm the sealant allowing you to take the glass off (think you need to remove the metal brackets first).

I asked the guy in the US how to get him to do my lights and it seemed easier to buy a new set off ebay, send them to him, pay him and once returned I could swap them over and sell my original set.

Did you change them because the led is not bright enough? My iPhone 4 led is really bright and it's actually made in china. Thought Taiwanese products should be better than us.

Anyone installed this light and can comment on their brightness?

Hi, I've just fitted devil eyed led headlights to my 57reg 2.0T sport cabriolet, they fit fine although they are a bit of a job to fit, the whole of the front grill, bumber and engine under tray has to come off. When i get a chance i'll post some photos.

These are the ones I fitted. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390170676403

Hi Mate,

Any update with the pictures ? I been looking at those but wasnt sure as the listing said it was for the saloon, take it as the headlights for the cab and saloon are the same ?

Cheers