Spark Plugs.....

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Going to be doing a full service on the car soon and just wondering what plugs people are useing or would recommend!
Was thinking about running a coler grade of plug, i think 6 is what is standard and 7's more for mapped cars, this correct?

i use Bosch Super 4's never had a problem with them.

i'm running NGK at the moment, they seem to be pretty good aswell

Im running stock items from audi,
Never had a problem,

Or BKR7E is copper, a range colder and much cheaper then PFR6Q.

Change every 10K.

Just ordered ngk platinums or mine. they seem to be pretty good, never had any issues.

Just serviced mine and used stock NGK audi plugs done about 5k running sweet as it should.

What is the part number for the Bosch Super 4's ?

Phoned my local car bits place and they say there are 4 different types of the super 4.

*sorry, forget that ... I didnt see your link :) *

Top man ..

I blame my medication. Just ordered 4 of them, fit them Thursday,

Also, I believe I've got a dodgy coil pack. Having some slight misfire issues at the moment. THey seem expensive at £25 or so each. Is it best to change all 4 or just the one I think is dodgy ? 2003 BAM engine. Much thanks.

Top man ..

I blame my medication. Just ordered 4 of them, fit them Thursday,

Also, I believe I've got a dodgy coil pack. Having some slight misfire issues at the moment. THey seem expensive at £25 or so each. Is it best to change all 4 or just the one I think is dodgy ? 2003 BAM engine. Much thanks.

£25 each?? i have a receipt for one at £34 that i replaced last week.

I wouldn't touch Denso with a barge pole... not after the failures I have seen...

<tuffty/>

tuffy, are they cheaper because they need a change every service?

I dont have a tool to gap them, will the 0.8 be ok on a mapped car?

tuffy, are they cheaper because they need a change every service?

I dont have a tool to gap them, will the 0.8 be ok on a mapped car?

Iridium are good for 40k IIRC... 0.7mm will prevent misfires on mapped engines... feeler gauges are dirt cheap from Halfrauds etc...

<tuffty/>

Whats wrong with Denso guys, I been using them on my go kart for ages.

Nathan

So either bosch or ngk then, no preference from the looks of it.

Fair point. I've only ever used Denso for my kart and everyone else only seem use them also, never had a problem with them.

Im running NGK Platinum plugs though in the S3.

Nathan

i am currently running ngk platinum pfr6Q plugs in a stage 1 mapped s3. i have ordered a replacement set of the same, prior to reading this thread.
they are gapped to 0.8mm. Are they suitable or my mapped car, it has run alright up untill now.....

Denso funny enough Nattie i had used a couple of these fookers in my DR 350-440 conversion ( b4 i knew any better ) took 20-30 kicks to start , replaced it with an NGK iridum starts first kick every time.... same heat range properly jetted etc wouldnt take a Denso plug off u for free m8 , i may add these bikes are notorious for difficult starts , old manual decop lever etc but the difference is night and day on cold starts , i know different engine config from cars and tad off topic but im sticking with ngk as they work well in both my bikes although not too sure about the service life of the iridium plugs id say 15k max for the iridum plugs .

hi there wish ones please ngk iridium, ngk platium, bosch super4s or bosch platinum dont have a clue tar guys

think its a case of pays yer moneys and takes yer chances m8 , would be interesting to hear what the guys who are getting decent fuel milage on the milage after mods thread are all using , im deffo going with Tufftyblokes choice ngk iridium BKR6EIX

hears my findings , certain well known motor factors supplied me the plugs , strictly asked them to cross reference the standard PFR6Q NGK plug with NGK as they had no listing for the BKR6EIX was assured that they had and would send the iridium plugs to my m8s garage some 35 miles from where i live :thumbsup:

got there on saturday and discovered they delivered the standard plug PFR6Q :keule:anyway had no choice so gapped the plugs to 7mm as sujested fitted them changed the fuel filter , air filter , cleaned the maf with electrical cleaner , removed and cleaned the throttle body with carb cleaner, removed and cleaned the clutch sensor as it kept showing error code ,

dont know how long the old plugs had been in but they were standard ngk and a good healthy light tan colour, gap was well over 9mm closer too 10mm :think: what is the standard gap supposed to be guys ????

started her up and went for a test drive :eyebrows:

I could not beleive the difference in the performance :w00t::rockwoot::icon_thumright: feels like a different car and well enjoyed some tight twisty roads all the way back home with that mad grin factor:eyebrows: