Well Hi, anyone know my new car?

S3JSR

Reaction score
Hi all

Put a few posts on prior to today, and thought it was about time to post about my new purchase. I have changed from a BMW Z3 2.8 that was a real pleasure to drive, but unfortunately not sensible enough for me. I have two kids 4 and 6, and needed the extra two seats.

The choices were a TT or the S3, and boy am I glad I bought the S3. I have a company 8P that has covered 90k in 4 years and has been virtually faultless so couldn't resist the 8L, - and I always fancied the S3. I bought only the second one I looked at, but I have bought many many cars - usually classics over the years so only view what I feel sure is worth my time.

I picked up my facelift - 2001 210 AMK S3 in Silver in August. It has Black leather which is in as new condition, heated seats, and Bose. The car as a whole is in completely original condition - as it left the factory and I will probably keep it as such.

I have nothing against modding just don't have the knowledge or funds that some of you guys seem to have!!!!!!! Anyway it has 90k on the clock, Full history that is all Audi bar one with thousands and thousands spent in the Audi network! Cambelt, Front and Rear Discs and pads, Light motors, ARBs and bushes all done 20k ago.

I have it in at Audi already for the rust on the roof rails issue, and I plan to refurb the wheels, get an Andymac upgrade and tidy a small paint issue on one door.

Firstly though, a full service at AMD Essex including a Haldex & Filter change which is due. Would do this myself but costings of AMD doing it for £100 is too tempting by time you buy the tool etc. Will have a look at some DIY stuff as have a pit in the garage.

Couple of pictures below;

Be interested if anyone on here knows the car from a previous life?

P7310353.jpg

P7310352.jpg

P7310349.jpg

Last edited:
remove your number plate info fella.

Thanx Scoobyra -

Collecting it from audi tomorrow after the roof respray so bit nervous about what they have done!