my A3

jay1601

Reaction score
i know its nothing special but thought i would post a few pics up.

the paint work looks good now, was in a right state when i first got it.
only a few simple mods at the moment.
colour coded side repeators
induction kit
exhaust system
xenon headlights
audi.jpg

i put 17" MK1 TT alloys on it, which i sprayed black, i know most of you say painting standard calipers looks crap, but its something i wanted to do so meh :)
audi2.jpg

i sprayed the grille surround and audi badge black
audi3.jpg

i haven't got any pics of the back on photobucket at the moment, but the only mod there is i have removed the A3 and 1.6 badge

i was looking at getting the projector lights but i;ve been reading you need to cut the wings to make them fit, i would also like to get the S3 front and i don't like the bit plstic bit on the front bumper

Sorry, but I would run a mile from it. complete lack of idendity.
Maybe not in the dark as I would not even see it, but I bet the police can.
I'm surprised you didn't black out the 4 rings on the alloys.

Oh and be prepared for some heavy complimets as most here love this sort of thing - but not from me I'm afraid.

Last edited:
i was looking at getting the projector lights but i;ve been reading you need to cut the wings to make them fit, i would also like to get the S3 front and i don't like the bit plstic bit on the front bumper

Aww why dont you get some oem S3 headlights? S3 bumper would look nice. Thought about attaching the lcr splitter top the bumper?

It needs more Chrome, Maybe around the rear lights :tapedshut:

Looks like another A3 going to the dogs.

i hate the look of chrome plated plastic

are the S3 front lights a straight swap ?

There are cars with presence on the road and then there are others. This is one of the others.

Many that despise the plastic chrome look. But you are the really lucky one as there are many who love your look.

Last edited:
i wonna lower it, but can't :(

as it already scrapes going down the track to work

thanks for the pos and neg comments, i know its not to everyones taste, but i don't see the point in modding a car just to looks like every other A3.

had the same problem on corsa-c. all they do is just chuck irmy stuff all over them and they all end up looking the same

Last edited:
Sorry, but I would run a mile from it. complete lack of idendity.
Maybe not in the dark as I would not even see it, but I bet the police can.
I'm surprised you didn't black out the 4 rings on the alloys.

Oh and be prepared for some heavy complimets as most here love this sort of thing - but not from me I'm afraid.

There are cars with presence on the road and then there are others. This is one of the others.

Many that despise the plastic chrome look. But you are the really lucky one as there are many who love your look.

Blasphemy ! I thought this car has the basis/foundation of being an A rated member here.

Dude. Stop being a tit and change the record. Just because everyone thinks your car looks crap, doesn't mean you have to dis everybody elses.

OP Car looks good fella. What sort of track do you go on to work? Must be very bumpy as your car doesnt look too low.

the first half of the track in a nice smooth road, the other half is a rought stoney track

i wonna put coilovers on before i go back to the nurburgring next month

whats a good make of coils for the A3 ?

. All depends on what you wanna pay really fella. I think with collies, you deffo get what you pay for if you know what I mean

At that sort of price, I would go for just springs. Unless you decide you dont need your spine any more :)

I like the look of this, thinking of getting an 8L for the wife but dont think she will appreciate the murdered out look!

Dude. Stop being a tit and change the record. Just because everyone thinks your car looks crap, doesn't mean you have to dis everybody elses.

OP Car looks good fella. What sort of track do you go on to work? Must be very bumpy as your car doesnt look too low.

I'm a tit ? I think if voicing an opinion is one of those then you are all tits.
I've posted various comments and people always want to bring it back to my chrome in complete random posts - so I would say your the ones that can't move on.
Many of you were quick to make the remarks , what's the difference if I dish out my opinion - is yours more valuable ? I accept all your comments and similalry I'm sure you're all big boys and can accept it too. We are now discussing this thread about this car and no other.
Scottie - time to get beamed up again !
Oh and finally you will see I do not dis everyone eles's car !

Scottie - time to get beamed up again !
Oh and finally you will see I do not dis everyone eles's car !

LMFAO !!! Scottie, time to get beamed up again. Honestly mate you cant use comments like that, get a back bone & shout like you mean it... swear if you know any but don't quote Star Trek shi*e.

Jay as for your car looks good chap. What's the paint code i want to do my chrome surround ?

Love the look of it mate, I'm a fan of the blacked out stealth look.

Did you paint the tow ring the same colour as the calipers?

yeah i did mate. calipers and both toe eyes are painted orange.

i like the look of your A3 :)