S3 Exhaust - Gain/Cost

Lee172

GT3071
Reaction score
I am going to get my s3 mapped soon and am unsure on whether or not to get an exhaust.. im sure i have seen this sort of thing on here before but alot of people say different things, some say to get an exhaust and others say the standard s3 one is not very restrictive and its not worth the money.
My car is standard apart from a panel filter and fmic. Do you think i would be better off getting an exhaust before my remap or just leave it ? Also what sort of gains do you actually get from an exhaust on an s3?

Thanks, Lee.

the S3 exhaust isnt restrictive, its the downpipe thats the problem, CATs will also be a problem if you go stage 2 by all accounts....the CAT back simply isnt restrictive at all, you pays ya money for the sound - this has been proven

If you are not aiming to go past a std remap, i wouldnt worry , leav it as is. Its not until you are looking at 300BHP ish it becomes a problem

Thanks for the replies.. i was planning on going to stage 2 but wasnt just yet, what would i need to go to stage 2?

downpipe, CAT (some say exhaust), air filter (panel), 007p recirc dump valve, front mount intercooler.... all in around the £1200-£1500 mark

I have been considering doing some changes to my A3 on this as well. Is it worth just replacing the down pipe?

Quote post above

No I'd personally do the whole system including CAT back, the A3 exhaust system is 2 inch so it's smaller than the S3, lol found that out when fitting S3 milltek to A3 quattro

Last edited:
Dude... If you have an S3 then spend your money on the manifold, downpipe and high flow cat.