Finally Caught Speedin... BAH!

wizard

Reaction score
Darn it!!

After 15 years motoring I've finally got flashed for speedin doin' 43 in a 30.

Fooooking sunday drivers... All their fault... Got stuck behind some 375 year old crusty on a sunday afternoon doing 18mph in a 30 zone, got to a duel carriageway bit where I could get round him, me S3 shot up to 43 in an instant right in front of the ****** camera... BAH! Had no intention of speeding that day neither, just wanted to be doin 30 in 30 zone!!!

Tiz in dispute though... I have only just been served with the NIP after six weeks!!! They (the ole bill!) are supposed to serve it within 14 days or it becomes void so it's off to mr solicitor in the morn to see where I stand... Biggest pisser is that it was six days after I cleared 6 points from my license...

Life is a [censored] sometimes..

Wiz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

And 6 months is a lot more than 6 weeks rich ! thats how long were talkin according to the post ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
And 6 months is a lot more than 6 weeks rich ! thats how long were talkin according to the post ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Its 14 days..

[ QUOTE ]

I have recently been flashed by a Gatso camera, what happens next?

The Police have 14 days to send you a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP). They also get an allowance of a couple of days for the post to deliver it. So if its more than 17days since you were flashed they are too late to prosecute you, unless you were driving a company car, hire car or someone elses car. In these circumstances they are allowed more time to track you down. See below for further details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taken from Speed Trap. I'd get a solicitor to have a look at it.

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Definately dispute it, you never know when you may need an extra life on your licence. My first lot of 3 points could have been disputed but I didn't bother, then ended up on 12 points (after court appearance) and sooo wished I'd gone to the trouble of getting off the first lot.

It is 14 days according to speedtrap web site. They'll drop it if you get a solicitors letter sent over sharpish, plenty more easier targets out there (like me).

there was a post on here a while back for a site that helps with these,
www.5ive-o.com
try this
advise them you dunno if it was u or ur wife driving and you cannot remember, they need 1 person only to penalise, and no one is refusing who it was, u just cant remember!
i think it works 2 b honest!

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
advise them you dunno if it was u or ur wife driving and you cannot remember, they need 1 person only to penalise, and no one is refusing who it was, u just cant remember!
i think it works 2 b honest!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is commonly called perjury (sp) and carries a much hasher sentence than a speeding fine.. I think hes far better off fighting the speeding fine through the 14 day ruling ( provided hes the registered keeper) rather than risking being ambigous about who was driving.

[ QUOTE ]
Wizard said:
Biggest pisser is that it was six days after I cleared 6 points from my license...
Wiz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this could be blessing ( if you get to keep the points) as I'd rather have 3 points than 9 for the next 4 years (is it four ??)

Bad luck Wizard. I nearly got done last night on the motorway. Was dark and suspicious of the dual passengered car behind keeping a constant distance. Should have slowed and moved in, I know...
Passed other traffic at a little over 70 past the markings they use, then blatted to about 85 for the final car. Stupid, why did I do that! Fortunately they weren't interested. They screamed past and then I saw it *was* police. They kept going, deep into 3 figures I reckon.

If I'm sus. next time I'm definitely backing off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cybrey said:
This is commonly called perjury (sp) and carries a much hasher sentence than a speeding fine..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the reason they have the 14 day rule, as most people cannot remember who was driving 6 weeks ago. It's not perjury if you can't remember.
What you must ensure if you do get someone else to take the points is that it wasn't a Truvelo camera (front facing) as these don't go off until you're right underneath them, and they get a very good shot of your happy smiling face.

Dont dispair dudes... it's in dispute... I should genuinely be in in the clear on this one. I have sought legal advice and taken all the necessary steps...

fingers crossed...

Oh.. and just finalising my choice of either the origin b2 or the road angel to fit at the weekend, anyone know which is best? I'm leaning toward the origin b2 personally...

My mate has a B2. It works fine but it seems a bit tempromental. I would like to see a review of the new road angel and the snooper S4 Neo.

YOGi

I got caught doing 35 in a 30 zone!

Northampton police have set all their camera's to go off at 35 and above in a 30 zone. I always thought the law was 10% + 3mph? Which makes it 36 and above.

I was offered a Speed Workshop, which was 3 hours of complete rubbish. It still cost me £60, but no points. I annoyed the instructor by questioning his facts about speed cameras as the www.abd-uk.org web site gives the true story. He was most insistent that speed cameras were there to save lives not to con money from the motorist. When asked if I had learned anything from the course, I said Yes, I am going to buy Road Angel to prevent me from being caught again.

I am not against saving lives on the road, I am against being lied to by the government to extract money out of the motorist!

Wll, thats my moan over with!!!!

I have been looking at the Road Angel 2, it has gatso/specs and all other fixed camera detectors plus laser and mobile detectors, it is that good that if a fixed camera is on the oposite carriage way to the direction you are travelling it will not alert you as it knows the position of all fixed cameras by GPS and your direction of travel, it is plug and go (if you don't mind it plugged into the ciggy lighter) and comes with 6 months subscription, but costs £399 (can get it for cheaper off ebay) only thing I cannot seem to find is what the subscription charge is after the free 6 months. Looks to me to be the best available at mo but I may be wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Subscription is £99 for 3 years, bargain, just renewed mine after the first 6 months ran out.
The SPECs detection is really good. It firstly warns you that you are entering an average speed detection area then shows your average speed and beeps every 10 seconds to warn you you are still being monitored.
The laser detection hasn't been triggered yet, but even if it works really well, it still leaves quite a big window for getting zapped as it will only work if a car in front is being targetted. If you are overtaking on a dual carriageway with no one in front, then the warning will be too late as the hairdryer will already have got a reading.
I got both the RA2 and Target LRC100 active laser diffuser for £630 from Bel Direct, so saved over £100.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

I got both the RA2 and Target LRC100 active laser diffuser for £630 from Bel Direct, so saved over £100.

[/ QUOTE ]

errm ... don't you mean you got both the RA2 and Target LRC100 active garage door opener /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Also take a look at some of the pda based systems. If you fancy a speed camera detection tool, sat nav and a pda then you may want to consider one of these. You can get one with Tomtom and checkpoint for about £200 ish. Take a look at www.totalpda.co.uk for more advise.

I have one and I think its the dogs danglies!

Cheers
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Subscription is £99 for 3 years, bargain, just renewed mine after the first 6 months ran out.
The SPECs detection is really good. It firstly warns you that you are entering an average speed detection area then shows your average speed and beeps every 10 seconds to warn you you are still being monitored.
The laser detection hasn't been triggered yet, but even if it works really well, it still leaves quite a big window for getting zapped as it will only work if a car in front is being targetted. If you are overtaking on a dual carriageway with no one in front, then the warning will be too late as the hairdryer will already have got a reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite frankly the road angel is crap for anything other than the GPS logged cameras, I have been caught twice when using the road angel and I know of at least 4 cameras in my area that have been in operation for over 12 months that are still not in the database despite numerours uploads by me.

I now have the road angel for GPS based stuff and the valentine one for everything else, there is a guy in the US selling UK spec V1's on ebay for a decent price and it works very well.

Just my observation.

Peace

DD
RS6

probably bullsh*it, but something i read ages ago is that if you send a cheque for your fine, make it about £5 more then it should be, they then have to send you a refund, and until that refund is cleared the system can't put the points on. So in theory you don't cash the cheque, you will have paid the fine so they can't do anything, and the points won't go on your license. Can anyone confirm this?

[ QUOTE ]
shariain said:
just to let you all know i got caught doing 48mph in a 30mph on london road (at the celtic supporters club) glasgow heading towards cambuslang, gatso on the other side of the road (dual carage way) and i got 3 points and £60 fine tried to contest but lawyer said no chance have to take it on the chin even phoned the filth they told me that if the camera was calibrated right then i was fair game.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is true you've probably just become the first person in the country to be caught and prosecuted by a GATSO whilst travelling towards it. They aren't calibrated to catch vechiles travelling towards them.. for a start there won't be lines painted on the ground to do the second check. Have a read of the camera site I posted earlier in this topic they discuss GATSOs and travelling towards em.

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
isn't it just triganometry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think gatso's are that clever.

Ive been flashed loads of times from oncoming gatso's, never heard a thing! I also got flashed once after doing a quick start off the lights while they were amber just before turning green, again nothing came through the post.

YOGi

[ QUOTE ]
YOGi said:
Ive been flashed loads of times from oncoming gatso's, never heard a thing! I also got flashed once after doing a quick start off the lights while they were amber just before turning green, again nothing came through the post.

YOGi

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait until they all come at once Yogi... INSTANT BAN! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
YOGi said:

YOGi

[/ QUOTE ]

i had been flashed by this gatso a few times as have many of my work mates and not heard anything then one day i had that dreaded recorded delivery no one else ever got one. so i screwed the nut and bought a snooper best £180. i think it might have something to to with how close you are to the kerb in the middle so they can get your full reg plate. don't know could be anything. but i got f**ked for it and told so by them.